Alpha

"Like a werewolf?" You ask innocently , you had never heard of an 'alpha' before but you had seen multiple supernatural television shows and had learnt that it was related to wolves and such.

Zoe just covers her laughter with her hand and manages to speak through muffled giggles.

"No, silly! It's the male version of the supreme."

"Yeah, I know, Cordelia has just said. But can they shapeshift or something extra?" You ask, Zoe had dug into your confidence but you tried to just smile and pretend you were fine.

After all, this 'alpha' thing had you on edge.

"Erm.. yes... in fact." Cordelia says unsurely, "But we can shapeshift too." Those last five words were more sturdy than the first four.

You realised how childish you were in thinking about wolves and all that crap so you just decide to shut up and let Cordelia talk.

"He is called Micheal Langdon-"

The name hit like a bullet. Langdon. Where had you heard it before? It made you almost feel sick to the core with the familiarity that you couldn't place.

The thing is, it didn't feel like good familiarity.

"Y/n? Are you even listening?" Cordelia asks, her tone was similar to when she was talking to the girls that misbehaved.

"Err.. yeah sorry." You say twiddling your thumbs, "Langdon sounds familiar that's all."

Zoe's eyes widen and Cordelia looms over you.

"What do you mean?" Cordelia asks, you feel as if you've hit her weak spot. She hadn't been like this since the apocalypse was confirmed.

Shit.

What if this was connected to the apocalypse?

The thought made you shiver as you considered the possibility and the familiarity of the name 'Langdon' had completely slipped your mind.

"I-I'm not sure." You say, stuttering with the pressure suddenly caving in on you, "It's probably nothing and not related."

"If you know anything, don't hesitate to tell us." Cordelia says seriously and forcedly.

You just nod.

You didn't want to upset her any more.

"What's going on with Langdon then?" Zoe asks, causing Cordelia's steel glare to relax for a split second.

Don't get me wrong, you loved Cordelia and she was usually so much fun to be around but these days she'd been seriously troubled and you couldn't stop worrying about her.

"They found him a month ago and they already think he's ready for the seven wonders." Cordelia states.

"Who is they exactly?" Zoe asks, her eyes were cautious more than anything.

"The warlocks." Cordelia says.

"Oh."

"Yeah, anyways, I'm not sure it's possible that he can be a supreme, he lacks the correct genes." Cordelia continues.

"Isn't that gender bias or?" You suggest, not that it would help the situation.

The weird thing was, you had never felt threatened by this 'Alpha' souly because you were the 'supreme of all supremes', the 'omnipotent one', the '100th daughter' so that meant that you were essentially the most powerful being known to exist.

That was til you met Micheal.