Are you Satan?

You sigh in relief, stepping back and allowing the knife that was currently hovering in midair above the ghostly body to clatter to the floor, creating a noise in the silent room.

You found it strange how the blood oozed from the body as if it were real. It was so-

You pause your train of thought as the body vanished. Completely disappearing! The bloodstains on the carpet weren't there either.

But, it mightn't of shown anyways since the carpet was a similar shade of red to that of blood.

Once you recovered from the wave of shock that had washed over you, you think back to Misty and Queenie.

It was sad that Queenie was doomed to never leave the hotel.. ever.

She was a permanent resident; along with the murders that haunted these halls.

The word murderer makes you shiver as you realise that you had just killed a man. Well, a ghost at least.

Wait.. didn't that mean that his soul wouldn't ever return?

You just guess you'd have to find out sooner or later.

In fact, you didn't have to find out.

You could just leave the hotel completely.

Yet something chained you here, you felt as if you couldn't leave.

Not because you were dead but because you had unfinished business.

These killers must've been gone by now-

Wrong.

You cursed yourself in thinking those very words since soon after, you are greeted to the sound of wallpaper being teared from the walls.

You flip your head around, fists at the ready, knowing it'd be a ghost.

"Aha, not so tough now!"

It was the night stalker.

You felt ill inside. Why couldn't this be over!

It seemed like the same events were repeating over and over.

You see a ghost. You kill it. Another comes back. You kill it. Another comes back.

"I'm bored of this already!" You say, not caring that you sounded like a spoilt child as you flung the knife from Richard Ramirez's hand.

He recoiled in horror before stepping back.

He looked like he was... apologising?

"I'm sorry lord, I never meant to disrespect you." The man says, it seemed he thought you were god or something.

I mean, you did have epic powers.

"I'm not a god, I'm-" You begin your speech about telling the ghost he's unworthy or whatever but the night stalker cuts you off.

"Satan." He says surely, "I know you have never appeared in your raw form on earth before so I apologise."

"I'm not Satan." You say, tilting your head at the man who was now grovelling on the floor.

"But I am..." That awful annoying accent was back again.

"For fucks sake, not again...." You say, seeing the man of the house (or should I say hotel) behind you and that same brick.

It was like a constant nightmare in which you never woke up, you only saw..

Black.