Visiting The Voodoos

The next day, you manage to convince Zoe to come with you and Cordelia to the Voodoo's home downtown.

It would've been awkward if it was just you and Cordelia since the impeding doom of the apocalypse would've just hung over your heads and silenced you both for the entire journey.

You had both come to an agreement that no matter what, you wouldn't tell the others about 'evil prevailing' so that they don't go absolutely insane, or at least until you get a straight answer from the voodoos.

Cordelia was being a bit vague with all the 'visit the voodoos' stuff because she had been quiet all morning, she'd spent her usual allotted breakfast time and spent it gliding around the corridors, stuck in thought.

Soon enough, the conspicuous black car that you three had been sat in, pulled to a stop outside an old hairdressers salon.

It'd now been at least a year since you'd seen Marie and to be honest, you'd missed her presence in the house.

She was just a very cool person, she had style!

You pushed open your car door and Cordelia and Zoe did alike in unison.

The old building sent a shiver down your spine.

Even though it'd been renovated, there were still obvious signs of the gunning attack that happened last year.

It was rumoured that the attacker was Cordelia's ex-husband but you decided that prying her would be a bad idea since she would probably be sensitive about that.

You were worried that Cordelia was going to be sensitive about everything from now on with the pressure on her figuring out how to stop the apocalypse.

To be honest, you are surprised that you haven't actually been worried about the apocalypse.

It wasn't up to Cordelia to sort it, it was to you.

The book had shown you.

It didn't make sense that you weren't freaking out.

Either way, you brush it off and blame it on confidence as you, Zoe and Cordelia walk towards the door of the hairdressers salon.

Why did they still live here?

It made sense that they wanted to be with their dead friends, maybe they had a way to communicate.. or maybe the building was haunted, but you just couldn't wrap it around your head that they lived in a place where such violence took place.

Who knows.

The old doorframe hadn't been replaced but the door had.

The the colour of the door must've been symbolic since it was a blood red colour. It made your stomach turn because, knowing the voodoos, maybe it was.

There were too many maybes today.

The door opened to a hallway that was unusually silent for a working salon. It was probably not open yet.

A black woman with a bun strode towards the three of you.

Bustling through the lifeless hallway, looking surprisingly busy.

"Where's Marie?" You ask, the first question that appeared on your tongue was the genuine like for your sister witch.

"Marie?" The woman asks bewilderedly, "Marie... Marie Laveu?"

"Yes." Cordelia finishes.

Zoe just stood seriously in the silence that briefly passed the woman.

"Marie Laveu has been dead for almost a year now."