Vacation

"Why don't you come with me?" Queenie suggests, grabbing her laptop from the other side of the table.

You didn't feel like looking at holiday destinations but you thought it'd be alright if you just relaxed here and pretended to be interested.

"Where you going?" You ask, watching as she typed her password into the machine, strangely, you didn't notice when she typed in the letters:

c a m p r e d w o o d

"I found this really cool campsite!" Queenie suggests, "Apparently it's haunted by a woman who walks around in a white gown and kills people." She gestured a stabbing motion as she delivered the word 'kills'.

You sat up and looked at the pictures, your curiosity peaked at the 'haunted' aspect to the place.

After looking at the sights pictures, you realise it looked familiar but you didn't know how.

"Nah. That place seems off." You say, not caring what comes out from your mouth, "Besides, it's not a holiday if you are being stalked by a ghost."

"Good point." Queenie says, clicking onto the search engine once more.

You slouch back in your chair and close your eyes. It was sort of peaceful listening to Queenie typing.

"What about this hotel?" She suggests, she probably was pointing to a picture so you just made up something.

"Nope looks tacky."

Queenie sighed and continued her search.

"This beach resort?"

"Nope."

"Look," Queenie says, slamming her laptop down in frustration, "Are you just going to say no to everything without looking properly?"

"No," you say, sitting up and trying to look genuinely apologetic, "I'm sorry." You weren't in the mood for a fight.

"Thought so" Queenie says reopening her laptop. "Do you think it'll be nice having the girls around the house?" She asked trying to make small talk. Maybe she was trying to keep you interested.

"Yeah, I guess" You answer, not thinking to deeply into the question, instead you stared at the computer screen.

"What about that one?" You say pointing to the third one on the screen. It looked very cheap.

Queenie clicked on the icon and a series of pictures came up. It had a remarkable interior and the carpets looked very fancy. There were even premium rooms for reviewers. It had been made in 1916 which was fairly impressive.

"That's awesome! It's in downtown Los Angeles... errrmmmm.... oh my gosh! That's a mile away from where The Price is Right is filmed!" Queenie exclaimed, sliding her chair back and standing up with joy.

"We'll be rich by the end of this vacay bitch!!" Queenie said enthusiastically.

You just smiled as Queenie ran out to tell Cordelia about her idea.

It left you alone in the room with nothing to do but stare at the screen.

You had to admit, something seemed off about the

HOTEL CORTEZ