Back In Time

You wake up in water. Dark water.

Personally, you didn't expect that because you inhaled like a ton of water.

Besides, swimming in the dark is the worst because you have no idea which way is up. You begin coughing and choking as you fought your way up to what you assumed was the surface.

You were completely soaked but it felt alright because it was kind of hot here even if it was late at night.

You took that into consideration because you thought that you were going to winter 1918.

And this did not feel like winter.

Luckily, you were a good swimmer and could make your way to the edge of the lake, where there was a jetty, pretty easily.

Once you are out, you notice that this place resembled some sort of camp. There were cabins and shower blocks. The camp was protected by a dense forest that looked pretty menacing at this time and you did not want to venture through it in case you got attacked by some rabid animal.

All you had to do and all you could do was hope someone was inside one of the cabins so they could tell you when and where you are.

At least you knew one thing: You definitely were not in 1918. The technology here wasn't the best but it wasn't like people in 1918 had a pay-phone in their camps.

Hell, they mightn't even have campsites in 1918.

"Hello? Is there anyone there?" You yell into the silence of the night.

In fact, after a while of strolling from empty cabin to even more empty cabin, you realised that the night wasn't silent. There was the vibrations of loud music being played from one of the cabins.

You follow the sound and notice the lights had been turned on in there and looking through the small window, you saw a bunch of teens, about your age, drinking and laughing with each other as they watched the beginning of the Olympics.

You rush over to it and bang onto the window.

The people inside started screaming when they saw you with your drenched hair and wild eyes. They were backing away from the window but when they saw your tears, they knew that you didn't want to hurt them.

"Help.." You cry. "Help me please."

Your cries had become weak and faint as you collapsed to the floor. You were tired and deserved a break.

It was a shame because as you drifted off, all you could think about was 'why had Maddison put you here of all places?'

Did she want you safe?

Did she want you scared?

Did she want you..

Dead?