The Chainsaw

You run past the zombies, burning them as you went. You felt selfish that you didn't want to go outside even though you probably had the best chance at surviving out here.

"Zoe?" You mumble, part of you wanted to yell but attracting the zombies wouldn't be a good idea.

You turn into the front garden to see a load of zombie bodies. It stank. You coughed as you turned your head to see Nan carrying the injured boy into the house and a load of zombies attacking the shed door. Zoe must've been inside.

You try and will yourself to burn them but you are too worried that Zoe might burn too so you grab the closest stick which happened to be quite a big stick.

"Hey, shitheads" You yell, waving the stick in the air. The zombies turned around from the shed and walked towards you in that slow yet fast walk. "Shit" You say dropping your stick and running. You were too scared to concentrate your powers on them.

Burn. Please burn. BURN. PLEASE BURN MOTHERFUCKERS.

You couldn't hear the flames, all you could hear was the whir of some kind of machinery. Worst case scenario would be they'd got a car but you doubted that'd be possible. You whipped your head around to see a zombie less than a metre behind you. You will it to burn but nothing happened.

"Helppppp" You scream just as the zombie stops moving and his body spits down the middle. It was Zoe. She had a chainsaw.

"Thanks" You say out of breath. You run away from the corpse and stand beside Zoe.

"There are more zombies than just this y/n" She says, her chainsaw still whirring, "come on"

You had a surge of confidence as you ran around the perimeter of the house and eliminated the remaining zombies one by one. Your powers were working now, it was probably because you felt safer with Zoe having your back.

"Y/n!" You hear a blood boiling scream of pure fear.

You sprint back around the house and the worst sight ever meets your eyes.

Zoe on the floor with a broken chainsaw, a zombie following her, barely a foot away from her.

She lifted her arms up in the air to cover her face as the zombie cornered her against the wall.

Bam.

He was on fire. Zoe yelped and jumped onto her feet to avoid the flames.

"Jesus" She says, her heartbeat racing.

"Is that the last of them?" You ask, you weren't that shocked. You were definitely feeling safer now your powers were flowing.

"Arghhhh" You yell, someone or somethings teeth had sunk into your shoulder. Blood was seeping everywhere. "Fuck!" You yell in your (wherever you come from) accent.

"Please don't let me die Zoe" was all you could say (more like whisper) before everything went dark.

(Wooo we hit 200 reads 😗)