Spent The Day In Hell

"I am Papa Legba" The figure says, stepping out of the shadows and into full view.

It's yellow eyes were aglow in the artificial light above your head and when he brushed his hair from in front of his eyes, you could see how he had melted from the inside. You presumed that most of him was rotten and if you weren't dead already, this was going to kill you.

"I don't care what your name is.." You spit on the floor in front of it, trying to appear unfazed by his sudden appearance. All he did was shake his head and smile.

"Tut tut tut" He says, his rotten yellow teeth showing with every syllable that escaped from his misshaped face, "I like you, you have heart, don't throw that away now." He continues grinning.

"I don't know who the hell you are!!!" You yell at it. You might as well be the first to start the fight since you were sure he was going to hurt you sooner or later, why else would he have put you there.

You run at him, ready to watch his face melt off fully and drip into the oblivion like a wax candle when suddenly you are stopped. An icy feeling runs through your blood, it wasn't just like cold. It was like paralysis.

You hung in midair as the creature walked around you.

"So, you think you are dead huh?" He prods your shoulder, "Not yet it seems... However, you can choose"

You try and open your mouth to question what he was saying but you couldn't move your mouth.

"Oh, yes, I forgot," The man said and imitated your frozen expression of rage. His laughter boomed throughout the room. "Hmm, so your choice would be, stay here for all eternity or manage to get yourself home by sunrise which isssss aboutttt.." He pauses to look at his watch. "Ooo two minutes, this is gonna be exciting"

You would've thought a demon would need a watch. Was he even a demon?

You wanted to ask it a million questions, you tried opening your mouth but it still wouldn't open. Shit. You focus your energy.

Would your powers even work in hell?

"What are you?" You manage to mumble out of half thawed out lips.

The figure turned back to you and laughed.

"Well, this is my home, guess!" He smiles at you and goes to sit on the bed.

You follow him with your eyes and ask him more.

"So you're some form of Satan or something weird like that. More importantly, how do I get out of here?"

"That's for you to figure out" It replied, still laughing as it faded completely out of the room.

Witch shit is crazy.

You focus your powers into getting out of there.

It took about a billion tries but finally...