Goodbye Queenie

It had been over twelve hours since you had all left the hotel, the sun was just edging on the horizon and the 5th bus you'd got on today, shuddered to a stop.

Queenie wasn't feeling so good.

She kept rolling over in pain and staring at the sun, it was off putting towards the fellow bus riders and you, Misty and Queenie had been kicked off a couple buses, making the journey much longer than it was supposed to be.

If you were lucky, you would get home just before midnight but some part of you doubted it.

You were completely knackered but you knew you had to keep pushing for Queenie and Misty's sake.

Besides, whatever pain that Queenie was feeling, Cordelia could probably fix it.

"So when's the next bus?" Misty asks as you wait at the stop.

She was back to her original health and even though she had several healing wounds, she looked better than you and Queenie put together.

"Twenty minutes." You answer, yawning afterwards.

"Twenty Minutes?" Queenie asks, her face contorting as she tried to ignore the pain, "That's like forever!"

All you can do is nod and look away.

She was right, those twenty minutes did feel like they lasted forever, so did the last three buses that you were kicked out of because of Queenie's moaning.

It was getting worse.

"I'm so sorry y/n," She fights for her breath, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine! We have about two more buses to catch until we get home! We will be fine!"

You do your best to reassure her but you knew you weren't going to make it to the academy til at least 3am tomorrow.

Even though your whole halloween had been spent riding on buses and fighting off evil vampires, it still felt better than being in that hotel another day.

Your wrist-watch stroke five minutes to midnight as you got off your second last bus.

Since you three were the only people on that bus, the bus driver didn't care whether Queenie yelled in pain.

In fact, he was the only one who suggested that you should go to the hospital.

People could be kind sometimes.

Queenie's breathing started to get raspy as you sat down and waited for the next bus.

Time passed by and before you knew it, your wristwatch showed the time : 11:59.

"Y/n?" Queenie asked, "I think I know what's happening."

"What?" You question, any help would be appreciated.

"My life force is connected to the hotel. Ghosts can't ever leave. Except on Halloween. And now, in 1 minute, it's not going to be Halloween anymore." She managed to say, it was almost as if her throat was inclosing inside of her.

"What?" Misty says in her accent, squinting her eyes in confusion.

"I'm going to die in exactly 26 seconds so I have a couple of last things to say." Queenie says, glancing at your watch.

You and Misty don't say anything, time had suddenly become very precious.

"Can you tell Zoe that I actually like her? Can you tell Maddison that she's a bitch? I love you both and the others so much, you are like my sisters! But y/n... there was one last important thing that you have to promise me."

She pauses, suddenly the noise of your watch had become louder than usual.

11:59:50
11:59:51
11:59:52
11:59:53

"When-we-were-studying-for-the-seven-wonders," Queenie slurs, speaking as fast as she could, "I-accidentally-looked-into-the-future, and-I- saw-the-apocalypse!"

"What did you see?" Misty asks, entranced by Queenie's words.

You could barely move due to anticipation.

Your heart began to beat faster as the clock ticked closer and closer...