Finding Maddison

Zoe had already pulled the ladder down and was climbing up it when you got there.

You waited at the bottom as she climbed off the top.

"Holy crap, this is some weird shit!" Zoe says.

You rush up to see that it was really weird.

Dolls were covered around the room leaving barely any space for anything else.

"They feel like they are staring at me" You say. Zoe just smirks.

"Maybe they are y/n" She says in a ghostly voice.

"Who even lives up here?" You ask, sick of her messing around. You needed to find Maddison.

"Err Spalding I think" She says.

Spalding was the caretaker. It seemed he always followed Fiona around. I mean she did drop cigarettes around the house but you were fairly certain it wasn't that.

"He's seriously messed up in his head isn't he." You say, picking up a torch/flashlight that you found on the floor and flicked it on.

You shone the light around the room. You swore you saw a human girl but it was just a girl. It gave you a heart attack and you jumped back.

"Ugh give me that." Zoe snatched the torch from your hand.

"Hey!" You yell.

You snatch the torch back with your mind.

"Holy shit!" You and Zoe both say at the same time.

You grin but Zoe seemed slightly disheartened by it.

"Cool" She says quietly, she didn't seem happy anymore.

"Here you can have the torch" You give it to her. "If there is a body in here it's probably better sniffing it out since rotting flesh stinks like shit"

"But his old clothes might stink"

"That's just the risk we have to take" You answer her.

"Y/n!" Zoe says, shining her light on a wooden chest. She brushed the dolls off the top and tried to open the lid.

You helped open it with your mind but not so Zoe would know you were helping her.

From where you were standing, you couldn't see what was inside. Zoe could though.

She clamped her hand over her mouth, her eyes watering with the stench that had just appeared in the air.

You walk over and see a rotten body lying there. It had one arm missing. It's blonde hair had turned to a pale ghostly greenish colour. Her eyes remained shut as if she was in a deep painful sleep. She had a slit through her throat. It was Maddison.

"Ha, she's like the kid from It who had his arm ripped off by the clown" You say, trying to lighten the conversation.

"Not funny y/n" Zoe says, "We need to get her down."

You nod.

"We also need Misty"