Don't Let Them In

The thudding continued upstairs but all you could do was stare.

It sounded like slow footsteps walking towards the stairs.

Without a warning Zoe sprints to the foot of the staircase, she was really brave. You personally wouldn't have done that but you couldn't have left Zoe by herself to get killed.

"Zoe!" You yell as you chase after her, the house was annoyingly big at that moment in time, the corridor seemed to last forever as you turned to see Zoe standing unnaturally still.

"Don't leave me here!" The maids voice echoed from the front of the house. You just ignored her and slowly walked towards Zoe.

The thudding on the stairs became faster as someone descended them.

Was it a monster? One of the daughters?

No.

It was Queenie.

"You fucking gave us a heart attack Queenie!" Zoe says as you come and stand beside her.

"I heard a scream and I thought t-" Queenie begins.

She stops as you and Zoe rotate your heads to see the maid standing behind you.

"Who is holding the door?" Zoe says,  clearly more frightened than she was before she came here.

"I locked it silly" The old woman folds her arms and raises her chin up with pride as we turn our focus back to Queenie who was doing that fake cough thing for your attention.

"As I was saying, I thought you might ne-"

"Nope, you need to rest" The maid says, trying to rush Queenie up the stairs and back to her room. She doesn't object.

Zoe turns her attention back to you, she looked like she had a plan, thank god. You didn't.

"It's just a couple of the undead, we will be fine, barricade the doors and windows" She says partly to reassure herself as well.

You rush off to grab some tape and other stuff, you didn't mind Zoe taking charge, at least she wasn't talking about Kyle for once.

Once you had the tape, you rushed up the stairs and past Nan who was standing by the window and staring out into the garden.

"Y/n." She says, she hadn't taken her eyes from the window.

It made you stop in your tracks and walk back towards her.

"What's up?" You ask her curiously.

"Just look" Nan eventually says, finally backing away from the window.

The sight that greets your eyes was probably one you could never un-see.

A group of people stood outside, they were equally spaced about 1 metre away from each other and spread around the house. It was impossible to count how many there were but there had to be no less than 50.

They were unmoving except the first one at the front who was banging on the conservatory windows. As he stepped into the light you could see that he wasn't a person after all.

Nor were the others.

They were zombies.

And they looked hungry for blood.