Chapter 58

MADISON POV
Everyone had disappeared and Dad told Amelia to watch me and Nick.

Honestly, she's not that bad, now I kind of feel bad for being rude. I mean she's been without her husband for 145 years I had him for a year already it's normal for her to want to be with him.

"So why are all these boxes around and Nik won't even let us upstairs?" Nick asked as soon as we got home he told us not to go upstairs or to the back.

Amelia sighed and sat down "Listen, kids. We're uh—we're leaving." She said and our faces fell.

"What! Why?! Why can't we stay here?" I exclaimed not knowing that we weren't going.

"No. We...me and my siblings, we can't stay here." She said

"But what about my dad?" "What about us?" Nick and I both asked. She looked down "Somethings just don't last Always and Forever." She whispered.

"Where are they now?" I asked and she shrugged "Something about a plan." She said not knowing what they were doing.

"Can we watch The Little Mermaid then?" I asked not wanting to talk about it anymore and Nick shook his head "No! I want to watch Cars." He argued.

"Well, I don't!" "Well, I'm older!" "I'm the youngest which means it's my choice and I want the Little Mermaid!" "No!" "Yes!" "No!" "Yes!" "Cars!" "Little Mermaid!" "Cars/ Little Mermaid!"

"Why don't we watch both!" Amelia spoke up stopping us from yelling we ran to the couch for the remote.

"Mine first!" "No, I got the remote first!" "But I said Little Mermaid first!" "Maddy!!" "Please." I stopped yelling at him.

He looked at me for a few seconds and sighed "Fine." He gave me the remote and I smiled "Thank you." I hopped on the couch putting the little Mermaid on.

~~~

"Part of your world!" I sang the last part before the movie turned to the credits.

"Cars now." Nick went for the remote "But I want to watch Beauty and the Beast now." I said.

"Maddy no! You just watched this." He groaned "But I want to watch it." I pouted "No." he snatched the remote.

"Why not! Uncle Nik always lets me pick." I crossed my arms "Maddy you had your turn it's his turn now." Amelia said.

I leaned back "Not fair! Uncle Nik lets me watch two." I frowned and Nick looked at me "That's because you're a spoiled brat." He said.

"At least my family's alive to spoil me!" I yelled at him instantly regretting my words. He dropped the remote and ran.

"Madison." Amelia gave me a look going after him and I shrunk down into the couch. I didn't mean to say that it just came out.

~~~

It was late Amelia had been looking for Nick for hours.

"Where is he?" She paced I was starting to get worried. Usually, I can feel him, like I can feel his energy, his life force. Now there's nothing.

The door opened and we ran to it hoping it was him but it was only, Rebekah and Elijah they didn't look so good.

"I thought you left and where's Kol?" Amelia asked them "Come with me, Little moon your father's here." Elijah held his hand out.

I grabbed his hand following him outside where my dad was leaning against his car.

"Why is everybody so gloomy." I asked using the word daddy taught me. He chuckled slightly shaking his head.

"I got it from here, Elijah." Dad said and Elijah nodded I waved at him as he walked back into the house.

"So?" I dragged out and he sighed opening the front door "Get in."

We started driving to the town border why are we here?

He parked and told me to get out, he placed me on the front of his car while he leaned on it next to me.

"Something bad happened didn't it?" I looked at him and he took his flask out taking a swing of it.

"Our plan went wrong and Klaus and Baby Lock-Wolf didn't come back." So, Uncle Nik and Nick, they didn't even get Ric.

"And Ric died. The only problem is that his life was tied to Elena's." He said "What does that mean?" I whispered.

"It means they're all dead and soon everyone he is gonna die...and because of some weird twin connection thing Amelia's line also dies." He said and I looked up at him.

"But Amelia turned you and Uncle Stefan." I said and he nodded "Yeah." It wasn't just Ric, Nik, Elena, and Nick. It was also my dad, Stefan, Caroline, and Tyler. They're all dying.

"Mad! Maddy! Munchkin!" Dad shook me out of my trance. I looked up it was wet, it was pouring down raining and thunder started.

"Come on get in the car." He helped me down and we got inside. The weather got worse, it was thundering and lightning was striking. Clouds were forming close together. I looked into the woods and the trees caught fire.

"Daddy. I think I did it." I looked at him and he looked at me confused then looked out at the trees which had lost their fire but were just burnt branches.

"That tree shouldn't even be standing." He said and I looked at him "I can't control it. It just happens." I said to him scared.

If he leaves who's gonna help me?

"It's ok. Come here." He pulled me over to him, I laid my head on his chest hugging him. "I don't want to be alone." I mumbled.

He held me tight "You won't." I could tell he was lying for my sake. "You'll never be alone, I swear." He said.

I wanted to believe him but I couldn't not anymore. Every time something good happens a million other things go bad.