Chapter 71

MADISON POV
"MADISON ISABELLA GILBERT-SALVATORE-WHO CARES HOW MANY MORE FREAKING NAMES!"

I moved the phone back away from my ear to get away from my dad's yelling.

"Suspended! From school! I get it's hard with your brother and Elena, but seriously! I had to pay the mother off so she wouldn't press charges, and then you cussed her out! I told you, you had your fun with the words now it's over!" He kept yelling and scolding me.

"It's not my fault, it's my Magic's. It's not like I was trying to do that." I stuffed my face with ice cream.

"What? I can't hear you, what are you eating?" He asked and I looked up at Uncle Nik, who turned from his phone call shaking his head at me.

"Food. I didn't make it to lunch." I told him with a shrug even though he couldn't see me. "This is why I don't want you messing with that crap." He mumbled.

"What crap?" I asked dipping my French fry into my ice cream "Nothing. Look, you're grounded. No phone, No Nick, and no dessert."

I giggled at the last part considering I was eating ice cream right now. "But daddy..." I complained I need my phone. It's my life.

"You can't take my phone! I need it!"

"I know that's why I'm taking it, I thought you were smarter than that." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Please. You can't blame me for something that wasn't in my control." I told him in a baby voice and I heard him sigh.

"I know. But I want to, goodbye." He dragged out the 'Goodbye' "Bye." I mumbled hanging up.

"You can watch after yourself for a little bit, right?" Uncle Nik asked and I gave him a look "I don't know I'm 10, what do I know?"

He tilted his head and nodded "Right. Then you're coming with me, Little Wolf." He told me and I threw my cup out the window.

"Hey!" Uncle Nik yelled at me and I thought he was about to scold me for littering, "Don't get it on my car!"

I laughed as he turned around with a roll of his eyes.

~~~

I ran up to my room to get out of my clothes and ready for dinner.

"Uh—there's someone at the door for you." Hayley knocked on my door and I looked up from my vanity where I was putting my hair in a ponytail.

She was here because she needed protection from Katherine, she's the one who sold out my family causing my brother to get killed.

I wasn't so happy about her being here. I nodded and pushed past her and running downstairs to the door.

"Nick? I'm kind of grounded and you know my dad." I rolled my eyes, whenever we get in trouble we're not allowed to hang out and we get in trouble a lot.

"Oh, ok. I'm not staying uh—I—just." He scratched the back of his neck before pulling me outside.

I closed the door and he mumbled something "What?"

"Spell, so they can't hear." I will never understand how he's so good at magic.

"I'm leaving. I'm going to stay with Tyler, while he's on the run." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What! Why?"

"Because he's my family, Mads. The only family I've got and—," I cut him off "No, he's not. You have us."