Chapter 19

MADISON POV Lately I've been sick, I've got a stomach virus

MADISON POV
Lately I've been sick, I've got a stomach virus. So Damon has kept me locked in his house, with Max.

But he told me Elena met her birth mother Isobel and they gave her the Gilbert device. Also the device can kill vampires.

"You're still around." Dames said, I turned and I saw Anna, her and Jeremy are still dating. She took me and Dames to a private area.

"There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight." She said, they're still here?

"How do you know this?" Dames asked looking down at me "I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead." She said, I'm a founding family mender.

"When is this supposed to happen?" "When the firework start." She said, Dames paused for a second then scoffed.

"John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them." He said "Then we can't be here!" She said scared.

"It doesn't work, it's been deactivated bonnie did a spell." I said "Well, then a lot of people are gonna die." "Where are they right now?" Dames asked.

"They're already here, Damon." She said and Damon squeezed my hand.

We left Anna and went to find Alaric "Ric!" Dames yelled once we found him "Yeah?"

"You keep those nifty little vampire darts in the car?" He asked, I need to find Elena and Stefan.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" "Because this square is crawling with tomb vampires. I think we might need a stake or two."

While they were talking I snuck off, I was looking for them but I couldn't find them. I felt a pain in my head.

I started screaming and fell to the ground "Maddy! Come on." I heard a small voice, I looked up and saw the animals.

"It hurts." I cried, the bride all circled around me and suddenly I was in the air, they laid me on Randy's back and we went off.

"What's happening?" I asked the pain getting worse "Your uncle, he activated the device." Thumper said.

They took my to an alley behind the grill "Your sister." Lyric said "Elena!" I forced out, the pain still ringing in my head.

"Oh my god! Maddy!" She yelled and Ric ran to me and took me off of Randy. "What the hell?" He looked at the animals.

"We have to go." Thumper said I nodded holding on to Ric, they ran off into the woods. "Are you okay?" Elena asked, Stefan.

"I saw at least 5 vampires go down, they're taking them to your family's old building." Ric said.

The pain went down, it wasn't hurting anymore  "It's the Gilbert's device. It has to be." Stef said
"But how did he get it to work? Bonnie unspelled it, and why'd it effect Maddy?" Elena asked.

"Maybe she didn't." Ric said "She did, we saw her do it!" Elena defended Bon "No, no, no, he's right. Think about it. We asked Bonnie to deactivate a device that could protect people against vampires." Stef explained

"So we could protect you." Elena said "And Damon." I whispered "Vampires. Where is Damon?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since this started, he went looking for you." Ric looked at me and I shrugged.

"Can you get my brother, take him home? Maddy too." Elena said "Of course." Ric stood up and I shook my head.

"No I'm going to find Damon." I said Elena looked at me and nodded "Let's go." Lena helped me and Stefan stand.

"Where is Damon?" Elena and I asked seeing uncle John "With the rest of them, where he should be. It's over for Damon." He said.

"You're crazy!" Elena yelled at him "Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done a hundred and forty five years ago? This is the right thing, Elena." John said.

Stefan was looking at the building behind him "Go ahead, you won't make it out. It'll save me the trouble of killing you myself." John said

"You know the building well, is there another way in?" Stef asked me and Elena "Utility door, there's one around the side." I said and started running towards the building.

"Maddy!" Elena yelled but I kept running, Stefan behind me. Stefan and I made it to the emergency door. Bonnie was there too.

"Hey, you can't go in there!" She yelled at us,
Stefan opened the door, but bonnie stopped us before we went in.

"The fire will take you both out." She said "He's my brother, Bonnie!" Stef said and we ran inside.

Stefan tried to open the door, but immediately jerked his hand back. We need to get Damon, he can't die.

Suddenly the door flew open and fire was all on the stairs. I ran through not caring about the fire.

"Madison!" Stefan yelled, instead of the fire burning me it felt like it wasn't even there. I looked around for Damon.

I saw him laying in the middle of the floor, fire surrounding him "Daddy!" I yelled and ran to him.

I hugged him once I got to him "Mads get out of here." He coughed I shook my head "Not without you." I said.

"Damon!" We heard and Stefan came down the fire disappearing. He helped Damon up and grabbed both of us, vamping us out of there.

We got outside and Stef out dames on the ground. I kept hugging him not letting go of him.

"Thank god." Elena said and looked at me "You're grounded." She said I didn't care at the moment I was just glad Damon was ok.

He chuckled "You called me dad." He said, we all looked up at him.

A/N SORRY FOR SKIPPING OVER A LOT OF THINGS AND EPISODES, I JUST REALLY WANT TO GET TO SEASON 2 WHERE ALL THE GOOD STUFF HAPENS.

ANYWAYS ENJOY THE BOOK AND PLEASE VOTE, IF YOU WANT.