Chapter 16

MADISON POV
I just got back home from helping Aunt Jenna and Ric set up for the fundraiser. We left early, because Jenna brought up his wife who died.

I found out Elena is adopted, so she's not my real sister...but she's still my sister. I haven't been with Dammy much because he's really sad.

"Hey, Maddie want to ride to the grill, I'm going now?" Elena walked in my room "Yeah, I have to change though." I said and she nodded leaving me to get ready.

We got to Damon and Stefan's, We have to pick up Stefan first.

"Stefan!" Elena and I called looking into his room "Better. Me." Damon came out the bathroom.

"You look, um.." Elena looked at him "Dashing? Gorgeous? irresistible?" Dames moved closer to her and I laughed.

"Wrecked, you look wrecked ." Elena moved back "No reason why, hey munchkin. Do you know that I am one of Mystic Falls most Eligible bachelors?" Damon said

I'm guessing in the fundraiser "Yep." He put his shirt on "Are you ok?" Elena asked "Never better, Yep. What can I do for ya I'm a barrel of favors today. It's my y newfound purpose how can I help people?" He fixed his shirt.

"We're just meeting Stefan, we're going to the fundraiser." Elena rubbed my shoulder "Help a guy out will you? I can't get this." He messed with his buttons.

I think he's been drinking too much of the No-No drink. "So I found out who my birth mother is." Elena told him.

"Ugh! Who cares she left you, she sucks." Dames said and I smiled "Stefan, there you are." Elena walked away from Damon.

"Ugh. I need a bigger jacket. Wow you know and occasional sorority girl might help fill you out a little bit." Damon said and I went to wait downstairs.

"Hey munchkin." Damon called before I went down the stairs "Hmm." He kneeled down in front of me.

"I have a little surprise for you, how about I pick you up from school tomorrow and I'll show you." He said and I smiled nodding.

"Alright, come here....I missed you munchkin." He hugged me, making me giggle "I missed you too, Dammy." I hugged him back.

"Come on let's go get you a popsicle before you go." He picked me up and I smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the next day, Damon just picked me up from school so we're going back to his house.

"So what's my surprise?" I asked once we got in the house "Follow me." He grabbed my hand, and lead me upstairs to one of the guest rooms.

"Close your eyes." He said and I shit then tight "alright open." He said, inside the room it was a big open space pink decorated room.

" He said, inside the room it was a big open space pink decorated room

I smiled "Is this mine?" I asked walking in looking around "I figured since you're here most of the time, it's time to get you a room for yourself

I smiled "Is this mine?" I asked walking in looking around "I figured since you're here most of the time, it's time to get you a room for yourself." He said

"Thank you." I hugged him "this is the best room ever." I giggled, my room was huge I felt like I was in a castle.

There was a room that connected to it, where a play room was. "And this is your closet." He motioned toward two white doors.

I opened it and I had a huge walk in closer with some clothes already inside. "You're the best, Dammy." I smiled and hugged him again.

"I know....I'm guessing you like the room?" He asked "No I love it." I smiled and ran to my bed laying down in it, there was a big red box in the bed.

"What's this?" I sat up "Another surprise open it. Don't pick it up just take the lid off." He said quickly.

I took the kid off and a little, brown, furry head popped out. I squealed "A puppy." I smiled and started to let it.

"You got me a puppy!" I smiled "I was going to give it to you, tomorrow for your birthday but

"You got me a puppy!" I smiled "I was going to give it to you, tomorrow for your birthday but." He smirked and I smiled.

"This is the best birthday gift ever Than you, Damon." I said giggling messing with the dog "No problem, what's his name?" He asked

I liked it the dog then smiled brighter "Max, I'm gonna call you Max." I said and it barked "Guess he likes it, you have to make sure you take care of him ok." He said and I nodded quickly.

"I will I promise." I said and he nodded leaning on my wall "Good, come on we need to go get him some stuff from the pet store." He said

I smiled and hopped off the bed "Can we take him with us?" I asked "Sure...he better not pee in my car." Dames yelled and I laughed.