Chapter 70

MADISON POV
I woke up, Max was laying in bed next to me, and my dad was sitting in the pink rocking chair in front of my bed sleeping.

I sat up and rubbed my head looking around my room, my eyes landed on my wall filled with Polaroids of me and my family.

One caught my eye, me on Jeremy's shoulders in a red riding hood costume. I kept hearing the same thing over and over in my head.

He's dead.

I brought my knees to my chest as tears fell out of my eyes and I sniffle a bit.

"Hey, hey, it's ok." My dad woke up and I looked over at him "You're gonna be ok." He rubbed my arm.

"I want to go home," I whispered, I wanted to see my old house before I left it alone and never looked back inside.

"About that." He looked down and started explaining how Elena had a breakdown and burned our house down.

I ran out of my bed and ran into the bathroom slamming the door and locking it. I slid down laying my back against the door.

I also, have to go live with Uncle Nik, because they don't trust Elena, who turned off her humanity.

Can my life get any worse?

~~~

I walked downstairs and heard arguing.

"Amelia I said no!" My dad shouted "But it'll help, Damon! It's a part of who she is!" She yelled back.

"No, it's who you are! It's you and your family!" He yelled and I looked down listening to them argue.

"Don't act like you didn't know what you were getting yourself into. She has magic, you saw what she did. You can pretend you're doing this for her, but everyone knows it's to make you feel better." She stormed away.

I stayed by the entrance to the kitchen looking down at my hands until he noticed I was there.

"Come on, kid

"Come on, kid." I looked up and saw his blue eyes that matched mine and bit fingernails knowing they were arguing about me.

I started walking to the front door, he handed me my backpack and jacket and opened the door.

"I don't wanna go." I shook my head and he sighed "I know, princess, but you have to, you've already missed too much of school." He said.

I sighed and grabbed his hand walking out to his blue car sitting in the front seat putting on my seatbelt.

The entire drive was silent until we got to school "Do you like having magic?" He asked before we got out of the car.

I let my seatbelt go and shrugged "Sometimes." He sighed and turned "What does that mean?" He asked.