Chapter 18

MADISON POV Elena and I are at Damon and Stefan's house to help Stefan

MADISON POV
Elena and I are at Damon and Stefan's house to help Stefan. He's locked up in the basement cellar.

"He's just being dramatic." Dames said "Why would he say that?" Elena looked down "He feels bad about hurting that girl, it's very typical Stefan martyr stuff it'll pass." He said i furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's martyr mean?" I asked "Will it? Because he seems to be in a lot of pain." Elena said, hasn't Stefan been going through this his entire vampire life?

"Yeah. Well that will pass, too one room he eats." Dames said I rolled my eyes at them and played the tv starting back Flash, Max was next to me his head in my lap.

"Munchkin want to come with me?" Danes asked I paused the tv "Where?" I asked "Chasing a lead with the teacher." He said.

"Damon, no it's late." Elena said "She'll be fine." He said I nodded "I want to go." I said "Mads." Elena said I rolled my eyes and went over to Damon.

"Elena, you're not my mom stop trying to act like her all the time." I said and left with, Damon.

"Siblings." Damon shook his head I nodded and got in Ric's car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We pulled up to a house outside of town.

"This is the one here, records show this was paid 3 months in advance." Ric said I looked at Damon.

"Can you get in?" I asked he shrugged "I don't know, this is where it gets tricky I may or may not be able to get in." He knocked

"How does that work? You always have to be invited in?" Ric asked "Mm-Hmm." I said "By the owner or the person of entitlement. Short-term rentals and hotels are a bit of a gray area you Kinda gotta play it by ear." Dames said

"Could we. Not kill anyone tonight, please I mean Madison is here." Ric looked down at me "He's done it before." I said

Damon smirked "You men's you just brought me along for my company." Dames said and opened the door.

"Stay close to me." Dames held my hand and we walked in "Doesn't look like anyone's home." Ric said.

"Yeah I'm good, No permanent residence apparently." Dames said, we walked into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and there were a lot of blood bags inside "Uh, Ric we have company." Dames said and ric was pushed against the wall.

Dames left me in the kitchen and went to help, Ric "Boys, Boys, Boys that's enough." Dames said, I stayed behind the wall.

"I know you." "Damon." "Your named Henry you were in the tomb." "Yes, Sir." "What're you doing here?"

Damon told me I could come out, we sat at the little table talking to the vampire guy, Henry.

"So how do you know John Gilbert?" He asked "Well I've known him for years, He's a good friend and this is his niece how do you know him?" Dames asked him.

Henry kept looking at me strangely it was a little creepy. "I met him right after I got out of the tomb, he's been helping me out." Henry said.

"Helping you out how?" Ric asked "Adapting... it's a new world cars, computers, match.com. There's so much to learn he helped me get this place." He said

Ric and Damon shared a look "So, do you live here alone, or is there someone else here?" Ric asked.

Henry looks at me and Damon "That's my friend's very passive-aggressive way of asking, uh do you know a woman named Isobel?" Dames asked.

"Uh, no,no I don't know an Isobel. I know John he's my only real friend. He really showed me the ropes, how to use a microwave, separate my whites." Henry said.

"What else do you do for him?" "I help keep an eye on things you know with the others." He said.

"The others?" I asked "From the tomb they're still pissed at the founding families for trying to burn them alive. I'm cool but those tomb boys
they want revenge." Henry said

"He's just keeping an eye on them,. You know? Trying to make sure they stay out of trouble." Henry said and looked at me again.

"Well it's John he's such a do-golfer." Dames faked, Henry's phone rang "It's John now." He said.

"Oh yeah let me talk to him." Dames said and Henry gave him the phone and looked at me again.

"I'm sorry you just look like someone I used to know." He said ric and I looked at him confused.

"Her name was Amelia, Damon knew her." He smiled "Mads why don't you go look around." Dames said and I knew he was about to do something.

I nodded and went off somewhere in the house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While we were on our way home I fell asleep some time in the backseat.

I felt myself being moved and opened my eyes a bit.

"Go black to sleep." I heard Damon say and he laid me on my bed, at his house and kissed my head.

Max jumped on my beg and laid next to me. I wrapped my arms around max and fell asleep.

3rd POV "Cause I hated you and I still do

3rd POV
"Cause I hated you and I still do." The older blue eyed Salvatore told his brother.

"But not because you forced me to turn." Damon said sitting back "Then why?" The green eyed Salvatore brother asked confused.

Damon got up and walked toward his brother "Katherine's blood didn't turn us...Amelia's did." He said his younger brother shocked.

"What? But Katherine had been." The younger of the two started but Damon cut him off. "Feeding us her blood. On that particular day she didn't." Damon said

"Amelia knew something was going to happen so she had me drink her blood and me spike your drink with hers." Damon said

"She compelled me to forget it happened knowing because of Katherine's compulsion I hated her."

"I hate you Stefan, because Amelia gave us everything, happiness, a home, love everything we always wanted. But you opened your big mouth and almost got her killed." The blue eyes vampire left his younger brother leaving him shocked and full of guilt.