Chapter 75

MADISON POV
I was trying so hard to stop smiling, but I couldn't. It was impossible.

My two favorite people in the entire world are here. They're here holding me in their arms.

"Hey, give me some!" I snatched a fry and he tickled my side, "Have you been dead for months I didn't think so," Ric snatched the fry from my hand.

"No grease on the other side, huh?" Elena smiled at us fighting over a fry. Jeremy was sitting next to me and Ric, I was in Ric's lap stealing his fries.

"You have no idea how much I miss this," He hugged me and leaned back to grab the large bottle of the no-no drink. "And this,"

Elena snatched the bottle, "No, hey, hey. Hey!" He tried taking it back, "She just got her humanity back let her live a little, and give me back my little sister," Jer grabbed my arm.

I leaned over "Woaaahh," I dragged out as I leaned almost hitting the ground but Jeremy held me up, "You wish," Elena said and I saw Jeremy trying to take the bottle.

"You wish," I mocked and Jeremy tickled me, "I'm dead what are they gonna do? Throw me in juvie?"

I sat up sitting between Ric and Jeremy, "Nope, but at least you won't have to worry about anyone killing you," I smiled.

They all looked at me with open mouths before laughing except Jeremy.

"At least he'd have a place to live," Ric fist-bumped me and Elena threw fries at us, "Yeah, I broke a girl's arm for that!" I pointed and she grabbed a fry off the ground tossing it at me.

"Help me, Ric!" I grabbed his arm shielding my small body with it.

"Ok," He pushed me in front of him so I was standing where all the fried hit, "Hey!"

We all laughed not able to stop smiling, mostly Elena and me. They've been dead and we really missed them. Who else am I gonna trick into giving me all the money while playing cards?

"There it is. Those smiles. I wasn't sure we were gonna see that again," Ric poked my cheek playfully and I slapped his hand away.

"It's not my fault you two decided to die," I crossed my arms fake pouting.

Elena got all sad and emotional. Ugh! Vampires. We were fine smiling don't cry and ruin it.

"I did some pretty terrible things and I said some really mean stuff to you and I-I didn't mean a single word," She said to me.

"Hey. No. No tears. If Caroline was right we only have until tonight, we need a no crying rule," Jeremy told her.

I raised my hand, "I agree," Ric ruffled my hair, "Hey, I took extra time today," I moved it from my face.

"But the crying's good. It means that I'm finally feeling something and right now I...," She grabbed our hands, "I feel happy,"

Her phone rang, "It's the grille it must be Matt," She stood walking away, "So, who's still got money before they disappear?" I turned to my brother and uncle.

"Haven't you heard? All money-thieving kids have to go too. You'll make a good breakfast," Ric grabbed me.

I kicked squealing, "No! Stop! Ew Ric, you're not Max, you can't lick me!"

~~~~

"Hi, Lexi!" I chirped sitting on the couch and she jumped a bit, "Wow, kid, you're still alive?" She smiled.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I grabbed the remote, "Because you have to see your dick— sorry jerk of a father every day," She joked and I laughed.

"Lexi stop corrupting my kid, we all know I'm her favorite person," Dad walked down the stairs, "Actually it's Uncle Nik but sure," I shrugged.

He tickled my stomach placing a kiss on the side of my head, "Fine, that's why I like Max more," He nudged my head a bit.

"I still can't believe you have a kid. Last time I saw you it was your best friend," Lexi stated, "Yeah a lot changed in a year,"

I pulled at his hand twirling his ring, he hissed and I looked up, "Sorry," I mumbled and Lexi furrowed her eyebrows.

"I need to talk to Lexi why don't you go find your brother," He told me and I nodded running out the back door to find my brother not thinking much of what he did.

I played around with Jeremy for a while until we went back in, "Maddy! Call Klaus or Amelia now, he's not answering," Stefan told me as Elena went to get ready to graduate.

"Why?"

He looked down, "It's Damon. We need one of their blood," I froze thinking about it for a few seconds, "He was bit?"

"Something like that. Call him he'll answer you,"

I nodded and grabbed my phone from the table, calling my uncle.

"Little Wolf I must be famous today," My Uncle said through the phone. "How fast can you get back?"

"For your father right? We're already on our way?" I furrowed my eyebrows "We?" "Hey, Mads,"

"Mom? Can you guys hurry I don't really want my dad to die,"

"Yeah, yeah, we're on our way," "Ok, bye," I hung up and turned to tell Stefan but he wasn't there.

"He's gone. Graduation," Lexi said and I nodded. "Want to play a game?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Sure, what?" I walked over to the tv turning on the Xbox grabbing the controllers, "Black something I don't know you just shoot," I told her.

Jeremy taught me to play when he was alive that doesn't mean I know the name of them, "Ok, I might suck though," I shrugged sitting on the couch.

"Good. You're on the opposite team," I laughed and she shook her head, "You really are Damon's kid,"

"No! She's just my sister," Jeremy sat on the arm of the couch fist bumping me.

~~~~

Our front door opened and Uncle Nik stood with Amelia, Stefan, and Elena.

"Uncle Nik!" I smiled jumping from the couch, "Little Wolf, have you gotten taller?" He pulled back shrugged.

"I don't know I'm 10," He laughed and I turned to Amelia, "You look different," I said and she laughed.

"Has your father not told you?" I looked at her like she had 3 heads, "Come on, let's go cure him first," She turned to Uncle Nik, "We all need to talk,"

Uncle Nik healed my dad and we waited for him to completely heal giving him a few blood bags.

He and Amelia wouldn't even look at each other, "What's going on?" I looked at my parents standing by my uncle.

"Come sit," Amelia patted the bed for me to sit and I looked at my uncle who nodded, and I walked over slowly.

Amelia and my dad finally looked at each other, "Princess, your mom is gonna be staying in New Orleans for...a long time," Dad said.

"Why? Are you breaking up? Because I just got used to—," They stopped one.

"No, we're not. But — uh. Well, um." Amelia kept repeated nervously. Dad grabbed me placing me in his lap rubbing my arm.

"Listen. Just try really hard to listen," He whispered to me, he taught me how to use my enhanced hearing that came with me being a trybrid. I sighed closing my eyes focusing on everything around us like he taught me.

I heard the slow slow sounds of my dad, Amelia, and Uncle Nik's heartbeat. The faster beating of mine since I wasn't dead and another one just like mine but faster.

I opened my eyes, "What is that?" I asked and Amelia grabbed my hand looking at my dad for him to tell me.

"Amelia's pregnant,"