Chapter 34

MADISON POV
I was at the grill with Damon and his girlfriend, who if you haven't noticed I can't stand.

I came with Ric, after he dragged my to some boring thing with Jenna and Elijah.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked Ric who was next to me.

"No, it was boring. Of course Jenna thinks he's charming." Ric said and I choked on my sprite, laughing "You sound a bit jealous." Damon and I said at the same time.

Ric rolled his eyes "Still can't believe she's your real daughter." Did he have to bring that up, I slumped back in my seat.

Yeah, no one has talked about that yet or mentioned it. Damon and I have kinda been avoiding that thing.

"You know maybe we shouldn't talk about this here." Ric looked at Andie "Dad compelled her to think she really likes him." I said

Damon glared at me and I shrugged "She's been compelled not to divulge my secrets, haven't you." He kissed her,

"My lips are sealed." She said they kissed again, I hid my face in Ric's jacket and he wrapped his arms around me.

"This is too weird." He mumbled "Try disgusting." I told him "I just need the right opportunity." Damon said out of nowhere.

I looked over and saw Jenna...and Elijah "There's my Aunt and my soon to be new Uncle." I teased Ric and Damon high-fived me.

"Hi." Damon waved them over "Hey, guys." Jenna smiled "So I hear you two had quite a meeting at the historical minds today." Damon smirked.

"Yeah I guess you could say that." Jenna laughed "Well as much as I'd like to continue this I've got papers to grade." Ric made an excuse to leave.

"No, where's my ice cream." I asked, he promised me ice cream if I went to the thing with him.

He sighed and pulled out a $20 "Here." He said "it's only 5 bucks." I said and he smiled "Call it hush money, can't have anyone knowing I bribed a kid." He whispered.

My mouth hung open, he must be real jealous, because that was so not...Ric.

"Hey, we should continue this, let's have a dinner party." Andie said and I groaned "Does she ever stop talking." I mumbled.

Damon kicked my leg under the table "Ow." I glared at him and he glared back "Oh, my girl full of good ideas..I'd be happy to host. Say tonight maybe." Damon planned.

I got up leaving them to plan a stupid party and get me some ice cream and a burger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damon was helping me clean my room, I was kinda lazy to do it all by myself.

"Do I have to go to this stupid dinner thing?" I asked him fixing my bed and he looked up. "Don't you want to go, your Aunt will be there." He smiled.

I shrugged "No, not really." I sat on my bed watching him pick up stuff "What's going on with you?" He asked.

"Huh?" He raised his eyebrow "Nothing." I shook my head "Yeah, I don't believe that." He said.

"Fine...Maybe I'd rather be in Hawaii than here ok, you caught me." I held my hands up and he laughed.

"Maddy." He said tilting his head and I jumped off my bed "Fine, it's boring now...you're always hanging out with blondie down there, leaving me to go to boring history things with Ric." I said.

"Hey, you agreed to going." He said and I rolled my eyes "Because, you were doing... never mind. The point is, you were too busy for me so I had to keep myself busy." I walked around.

He looked down "Is that why you don't like, Andie?" He asked and I scoffed "No, she just gets on my nerves in general." I said and he laughed.

"I'm sorry, I've been everywhere else trying to save your sister, I forgot that you're a small 9 year old who can barely reach the microwave." He said.

"Not helping." I crossed my arms "I'm saying I'm sorry, and from now on 'I promise to be around more." He said

"Now, come help me this is your room remember." He threw a stuffed animal at me. I laughed going to help him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Alaric daggered Elijah at the dinner, which my Uncle John showed up to uninvited might I add.

Jenna and Ric are on the outs now, because of my stupid Uncle. Oh Elena and Stefan are back.

Yeah daggering Elijah didn't work the first time, so they had to do it again, men can't do anything.

Ugh, I have school tomorrow. I think I may ask Damon if I can be homeschooled it's horrible there.

But if I stay home, I'd miss my friends too. Ugh, I can't stand making decisions.

I was going downstairs to get something to drink when I saw Elena.

"Didn't you leave, after the whole 'My way and I'm making decisions' thing?" I asked her.

"I left my phone." She said "Sure, just keep it down ok, this house is empty and everything done inside of it the entire house can hear." I said.

She smirked and I looked her over then, groaned "You've got to be kidding me.... Katherine." I groaned.

"Nice seeing you, little sister." She smirked and sped away.

"That's awesome." I said sarcastically.