Chapter 27

MADISON POV
While everyone was downstairs, yelling and asking questions about me being Damon's daughter.

I jumped from the roof and ran. I ended up in the same meadow from my dream, the same meadow I drew in that vision of Elijah.

"You snuck out?" All the animals came out, not just the birds. "No I just left without telling." I said.

"How'd you get past 2 vampires?" Thumper asked "I jumped off the roof, with the help of an invisible force." I said

"So you're the Vamps daughter huh?" Jack asked "I don't know, I guess." I sat down touching some flowers.

"You don't seem very happy about that."  Lyric said and I sighed "I don't know, I love Damon... it's just now I feel like my dad isn't my dad." I looked down.

"But Damon is your, Dad." Spinn said "Yes, but so was Grayson." I said and played with a flower.

I twirled the flower in my hand and it's petals started hanging down. I looked around and all the flowers were like that.

"Did I do that?" I asked and they all nodded "Maddy, you need to go home, talk to them... you need to get ahold of your powers." Molly said.

"No one knows about my powers except, Damon." I said "Then talk to him." Thumper said "But I can't." I looked down.

"Why not?" Jack asked "Mads, We've been looking everywhere for you." I heard, I quickly turned and saw Damon and Stefan.

"Should've known you were out here." He said and I nodded looking away from him "You should go, he might think you're lunch." I whispered to my friends.

They all scurried off "I'm sorry, are you talking to them?" Stefan asked "Yeah, but they don't know what I'm saying." I played off.

"Ok Mads, sneaking out seriously, this town is too dangerous for you to be out and about on your own." Damon said.

"I'm fine, I can take care of myself." I said, he scoffed "Yeah, because an 8 year old can do fine in the world alone." He said.

"Why do you care anyway, you're not my father." I said "I'm gonna go." Stefan said awkwardly and sped away.

I stood up and started walking "You're right, technically I'm not, but for 6 months you've been living in my house under my roof, eaten food and water I've got for you, given you a place for your dog, I clothed you, and I've taught you." He said

"Damon I.." he cut me off "Madison, I told you from the beginning I wasn't gonna replace your father, but you're still 9 years old which means you're still a child!" He walked closer to me.

He's never really yelled at me before, never raised his voice. It was like he was scared too, but now he's full blown yelling at me.

"So get your ass up, quite pouting like a baby, and get back in that house!" He yelled, I flinched at his voice change.

"Ok." I whispered holding my head down, I was too afraid to look him in the eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As soon as we got to the house, I ran inside and to my room closing the door.

I jumped on my bed, burying my face in my pillow, crying my eyes out.

"No, Stefan I think I was a little too harsh on her." I could hear Damon from downstairs. "Damon, she's a kid none of them like getting yelled at." Stefan said.

"But she's crying." Damon said "Give her some time ok." Stefan said "Fine." Damon said and I heard a door slam.

An hour later, I turned the tv on watching 16 Wishes, on Disney. Max was cuddled next to me.

My door opened and Damon walked in "Hey." I whispered. "Look, kid I'm sorry ok. I was stressed and angry with the whole Klaus and Originals thing and I took it out on you." He said.

I nodded and looked back at the tv, scared I would say something to make him even more mad.

"Come on, say something." He walked towards me, I scooted over in my bed a little. "Munchkin." He whispered.

"Can you just leave me alone, I'm really tired." I said, he stood there for a few seconds then nodded.

"Yeah, I'll check on you in a little bit." He said and walked out.

I didn't realize how much I hurt Damon, when I wouldn't talk to him and when I backed away. I was too scared he'd yell at me some more.

Little did I know, he really felt really bad and didn't mean to raise his voice.