Chapter 20

MADISON POV We got blood into Damon's system, so he could get his strength back

MADISON POV
We got blood into Damon's system, so he could get his strength back.

Everyone had left me and Damon alone to talk, so here we are sitting at the bar, in the grill "Dad huh?" He smirked "I-I-t-t slipped out I didn't." I stuttered, nervous.

He downed his glass of bourbon and looked over at me "Madison, it's ok I see you as my daughter too. You know, From the moment I met you I promised to always protect you." He said

"And if I'm being honest I had no idea why, but these past few months have made me realize that you've given me something I've always wanted." He said

I tilted my head confused, he lifted me out the stool and put me on his lap "The love of a child." He said.

"I'll never, be half a man as your father was. Don't think I'll ever live up to him." He said

"So if you're gonna call me dad, go ahead, but know I'll do nothing but forever work to be worthy of it." He said and I smiled and hugged him.

"I love you." I nuzzled his neck "I love you too, munchkin." He wrapped his arms around me. I pulled away and looked at him.

"I guess this is why I've been having those dreams." I said he looked at me confused "What dreams?" He asked

I sighed "You were my dad, Stefan was my uncle, Amelia was my mom, and grandpa was there, uncle Nik, Lijah, Kol, oh and Auntie Beks." I said

"Nik, Amelia has a twin brother named Nik... how long have you been having these?" He asked.

I shrugged "Since I met you." I said "That's also when you started talking to animals, maybe this has something to do with why you were effected by the Gilbert device." He said

I nodded "I don't know, Maybe." I said he looked back at me "What else have you been dreaming about?" He asked.

"The girl Isabella, she the one in all my dreams the one that looks exactly like me." I said "The same Isabella that was on the registry?" He asked I nodded.

"Listen to me Mads, you can't tell anyone else about this ok." He said I looked at him strangely.

"Why not?" I asked "Because, no one knows what going on and when people don't understand the things they see it as a threat." He said.

"Like the council does with vampires?" I asked "Yeah." He said "Ok, but Lena, Ric, and Stef saw me arrive with the animals." I said

"Why were you talking to the animals in public?" He asked "I wasn't, when the device went off they helped me get to Elena." I said

He drunk another bourbon and then put me on the floor "We should get going you coming home with me or you going back to Jenna?" He asked.

"With you." I said he got up "I need to make a quick stop to see your brother, why don't you head home with Stefan." He said

I nodded and saw Stefan about to leave, I ran up to him "Can I ride with you?" I asked he looked down and nodded.

"Come on." He grabbed my hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got out the shower and saw Max, I sat on my bed and he jumped up and got on my lap.

"Did you have fun today, buddy?" I asked he whined and laid his face down in my lap, I laughed.

"How come I can talk to all the other animals but not you?" I asked him, he whined again and I rubbed behind his ears.

"Me neither." I said "Wanna know something?" I asked him and his ears perked up.

"Since the accident, with my parents I was really sad and felt alone. My dad was my favorite person in the whole wide world." I said and he barked.

I laughed "Mm-Hmm we did everything together, and then I lost him and I didn't really care for anything anymore."

"Not that anyone knew because I'm just an 8 year old, I don't know what pain is. But it all got better because of Damon, somehow meeting him I didn't feel alone anymore." I said

He smiled, that's what it looked like to me Anyways. "You too." I said and kissed his nose.

"But apart of me is scared he'll Disappear too, just like my dad did, and I don't know if I could live losing 2 dads." I hugged Max.

I sat in my bed laughing and talking to Max, not noticing the green eyed Salvatore at my door listening to everything I was telling Max.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Daddy am I a princess?" 4 year old Madison asked her father, who looked down at her and smiled.

"The most beautiful Princess in all the lands." He laughed and tickled his daughter "Then how come I don't live in a castle, or have a prince?" She asked

"You do live in a castle, this house which is filled with people who love you very much." Grayson said and booped his daughters nose and lifted her onto his lap.

"And as for that prince, you don't need one all you need is me and maybe Jer-bear." He joked making his daughter giggle.

"You'll always be my prince and I'll always be a little Princess." Madison smiled at her dad, filled with happiness.

"Oh I hope so, promise you'll never grow up and leave your old man?" Grayson smiled holding out his pinky.

"Only if your promise the same." Madison smiled "I promise, Princess." Grayson said and his daughter smiled, linking her pinky with his.

"Then I promise too, Daddy." She giggled and hugged her dad, not knowing that, the promise they just made would soon be broken.