Chapter 24 ➼ ℬ𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 ℋ𝒶𝓇𝓋𝑒𝓈𝓉

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 ➼ 𝒷𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓋𝑒𝓈𝓉

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓋𝑒𝓈𝓉

ANGELINA STANDS SILENT AS SHE LETS Roan check over her injuries. He inspects every cut, every bruise, every abrasion that lies on his skin, too.

Angelina knew that the second Emerson attacked her, Roan would feel that something was wrong. And she was right. As Roan sat in his meeting with the Azgeda war chiefs he felt his heart racing, his mind tense with worry. He happened to glance out the window to find an explosion of green over the training fields before he felt the bullet enter his soulmate's thigh.

He was on his horse racing through the stables before Raen was able to step into the village to find him. His heart never stopped slamming itself against his chest wall until he held his soulmate in his arms.

Roan uses his thumb to caress the girl's busted lip.

"I'm okay, Ro," Angelina whispers as she grips his hand.

"Carl Emerson dies today," Roan sternly tells the guards in the room. They nod, turning to prepare the execution when Angelina calls out, "wait."

Roan turns to face his soulmate, watching her curiously as she steps around him, addressing the Azgeda guards. "He may die today, but not here. Prepare the horses." Angelina turns to Roan as she says, "we're turning him over to Polis."

Angelina had finally convinced Roan to let her return to Polis without him by her side. Roan only had a few more meetings that would only last him one day without his soulmate by his side. He had promised the girl that he would meet her in Polis when the meeting were concluded and Azgeda was once again part of Lexa's coalition. It took a lot of strength from the man not to send a trusted personal guard from Azgeda alongside the girl, but Roan reluctantly agreed. As soon as the Azgeda King returned to his meetings, Angelina used her magic to teleport herself into Polis' capitol building.

Angelina finds herself in the familiar hallway that lead to her old bedroom. She smiles as she finds the room untouched, most likely ordered by Lexa. The brunette makes her way down the hall to the commander's room where she quietly opens the door, finding Lexa asleep on the couch while Clarke fiddles with a sketchbook.

The blonde glances up, her eyes softening as soon as she finds the magical girl smiling at her. "Ang!" Clarke smiles, moving to hug the girl, only pausing when she pulls away from the girl's grasp and finds Angelina's busted lip. "Angelina, what happened? Who did this?"

Angelina moves to sit down across from a sleeping Lexa. She quietly closes the doors behind her as she explains everything that happened during her trip to Azgeda, leaving out the part where she decided to send that last Mountain Man who roamed the Earth to Polis to be tested for his crimes. The Azgeda army had left a whole day before Angelina so she was sure that they would show up any time. Before Clarke can respond, Lexa jumps up out of her sleep as she gasps for air.