Chapter 27 ➼ 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 ➼ 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

ANGELINA HOLDS TIGHTLY ONTO THE JOURNAL of the first commander that sits snug inside of the thick jacket that she took from Titus. The shoulders were covered in armor similar to Lexa's. Angelina knew that's why she was drawn to it when she snatched it before Clarke even moved towards the large chest.

Angelina and Clarke agreed that since Titus put them both in charge of the flame, that Clarke would hold onto the flame and the box that it resides in, and Angelina would keep the commander's journal. That way both women would have to be on board with the plan surrounding the flame.

Angelina's horse races after Clarke's as the two make their way to Arcadia to find Lincoln, the brunette lets her mind wander. She knew that Lexa always told her that she didn't have to become commander if she didn't want to, Angelina had thought about it. Angelina would like to think that if she ever became commander she could pick up the coalition where Lexa had left off. Angelina desperately wanted peace between the thirteen clans, but now with Ontari as commander Angelina knew that it would take a while for the dust to settle.

Night time falls as the two women fall upon Arcadia. They abandoned the horses they took from Polis, advancing the rest of the way on foot. Neither woman had spoken a word since they left Polis. Angelina only hoped that Titus would be able to get John out of the city.

Clarke pauses as they both hear the sound of an engine. Angelina rips Clarke backwards as the rover busts through the camp gates. Angelina gasps as the vehicle stops inches from hitting her. The girl throws a hand over her eyes, the headlights blinding the girl as she hears Clarke ask, "Jasper?"

Angelina doesn't waste any time as she races over to the passenger side of the rover and rips the door open. "What the hell is going on?"

"Get in!" He yells, panicking as he glances behind the rover using the mirrors. Angelina's eyes widen as she notices the group of people racing after Jasper.

"No you don't understand!" Clarke yells, "we need to see Lincoln!"

"You don't understand! Lincoln is dead and we will be too if you two don't get in now," Jasper frantically yells.

Angelina's face falls, her body freezes as she blocks out the sound of gunfire. Clarke acts quickly as she throws herself into the rover before pulling Angelina in behind her. Angelina straddles the middle seat between Jasper and Clarke as the boy tries to start the engine back up without success.

"Why are they shooting?!" Clarke yells with tears in her eyes. Angelina sits numb in silence as the girl tries to process the scene before her. "What do you mean Lincoln's dead?" Clarke yells again. "That can't be!"

"Suddenly you don't know what 'dead' means?" Jasper yells back as he continues to try and overturn the engine. "Ang! A little help!" Although the girl sits right beside him, she doesn't hear a word that he says.