Chapter 42 ➼ ℬ𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒢𝑜

𝒮𝑜, 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜𝒲𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℐ 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹'𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹𝒯𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇?ℐ𝒻 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 ℐ 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌𝓃𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

𝒮𝑜, 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜
𝒲𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℐ 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹'𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹
𝒯𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇?
ℐ𝒻 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 ℐ 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌𝓃
𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜

FOOTSTEPS POUND UP AND DOWN THE hallways as Roan watches over his soulmate's body with tears resting across his cheeks. Roan knew that the conclave would be dangerous. He knew that Angelina didn't approve of his participation. But Roan also knew that he had to give Angelina her best chance at survival. Roan knew that with himself and Octavia fighting against each other, Angelina's odds at securing a spot in the only bunker that could save them was worth it. Even if it meant that she survived without him by her side.

If only Roan had known the extreme lengths that Angelina would go to save those who she loved. Roan shudders, moving closer to hold his soulmate's hand.

Roan awakens with a gasp as his body is pulled from the irradiated fountain. Raen holds onto his back as he drags the two of them through the downpour of black rain. Roan didn't bother asking what was happening at the sight of his childhood friend. For now the king decided to ignore the fact that he had just banished Echo and hadn't told the man as he follows Raen out of the storm. Raen's tears had streaked his war paint down his neck and past his shirt collar as he drags him to face the fate of his soulmate.

Raen finally frees his hands from the Azgeda king as they reach the man's old bedroom tucked at the end of a hallway where Echo stands guard.

As Echo pushes the door open Roan feels his breath lodge in his throat. Angelina Hood lies unconscious on the bed. Black blood rests upon her face where it had previously fallen from her nose, eyes and ears.

"I couldn't stop her," Raen says, holding back tears at the sight of the girl.

"Is she," Roan stops as a sob breaks past his lips.

Echo places her hand upon her King's shoulder as she says, "She won't wake up."

"I want Clarke Griffin in here now." Roan says, pulling himself together as he sits by Angelina's bedside. "And don't think I haven't forgot about your banishment," he nods to Echo.

"Are you sure?" Echo hesitantly asks. Echo hadn't laid eyes upon the blonde since the conclave began.

"Now!" Roan roars, snapping his head to watch Echo dash from the room as Raen moves to stand guard, his eyes never leaving the girl's still body.