Chapter 19 ➼ 𝒮𝓁𝑒𝓎𝒶

ℐ 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓉, 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔ℐ𝓉'𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀, 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝒽, ℐ 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒𝓈𝒜𝓃𝒹 ℐ'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹ℒ𝑒𝒻𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝓊𝓎𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹, 𝓃𝑜𝓌 ℐ'𝓂...

ℐ𝓉'𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀, 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝒽,
ℐ 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒𝓈
𝒜𝓃𝒹 ℐ'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹
ℒ𝑒𝒻𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝓊𝓎𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹, 𝓃𝑜𝓌 ℐ'𝓂 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁𝓎.

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝓎𝒶

ANGELINA HOOD ALWAYS KNEW THE FOREST was her comfort. She never realized how much she missed being alone in the woods until she was truly alone. She had slipped away when the group was walking back to camp from Mount Weather and had been on her own for a month until she let herself feel what she had done.

It was in the middle of the night when Angelina stumbled upon the same river she crossed with Roan when she was searching for Clarke. She sank to her knees, dropping the bag strapped to her back into the dirt before she discarded the bow she purchased at the trading post she found one morning. The girl would often bring her gains from hunting and gathering to the trading post and trade them for weapons.

Angelina pulled herself to her feet as her eyes flashed green. She pushed herself into the river, wading through the current until her head submerged under water.

Then she screams. She screams until her lungs beg for breath. Just like those kids, she told herself.

She pulls herself out of the water and covers her exposed skin in dark mud before she continues moving through the woods. She does this every night.

Another month goes by until Angelina runs into a familiar face. Angelina hides, tucked into a tree as she watches the panther she has been tracking all day move throughout the forest. The girl freezes, confused as the panther locks target on a small rabbit tied to a stake in the ground. Angelina presses her back against the tree, planning to use her magic if needed.

Angelina Hood hasn't used her magic since the night at Mount Weather. For one, she can't bring herself to use her magic to her benefit when it aided in the death of so many innocents. Two, the florescent green that explodes every time she unleashes her magical powers plants a target on her back. Rumor spread fast about the massacre at Mount Weather and Angelina's part in it. Because of it, every clan was on the hunt for the girl. Angelina had seen her own face on countless posters posted throughout the woods. Every time she would find one she ripped it from it's post on the trees and shoved it into her bag. More recently, she had see her face on posters beside "Wanheda" written beside Clarke's face.

Angelina shifts her weight on the branch she sits on when someone jumps down from the tree beside her. She hides herself in the leaves as she watches this person slam a spear into the panther's back. The panther roars, turning around to slash the girl. Angelina could see the dark red hair that streaked down her back. The girl tumbles down a small hill before crouching down as the panther lunges for her. Angelina jumps down from the tree just to see the girl toss the dead panther off of her body.