Chapter 39 ➼ 𝒢𝑜𝒹 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝑒𝓍

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒 ➼ 𝑔𝑜𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝑒𝓍

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝑒𝓍

ANGELINA COULDN'T EXPLAIN IT, BUT ALL the girl felt when she looked into the chamber was a sense of dread. Like her magic was begging her to flee, to take Roan, find Octavia and run to the ends of the world just the three of them. Not even the pair's soulmate connection could seem to calm her mind.

"Vital signs are strong," Abby announces from the monitor.

Angelina tears her eyes from the ground to find Emori's eyes locked onto hers. The girl on the other side of the radiation chamber quickly turns away and tucks herself into John.

"Jackson," Abby calls, grabbing her assistant with a soft voice. "Seal the chamber."

"He's ready," Jackson announces, sending chills down Angelina's spine.

The girl glances around the room, finding each of her friends stiff but none looking as worried as the girl felt. Angelina felt like she was crawling out of her own skin as she tries to calm herself by holding onto Roan.

"Yeah, but are we?" Raven voices her concern as she stands on the other side of the chamber. The woman's eyes scanning the equipment strapped onto Baylis over and over again, looking for a flaw.

"The guy's a monster," Emori speaks up, reminding the group standing before her as she stands beside John.

"We've been over this," Clarke says, standing closest to the chamber. "None of us want to do this, but the death wave will be here in ten days. Luna's stem cells from the marrow grafted successfully. Baylis is making night blood on his own. This really is our only hope."

John sighs as he asks, "are we really still talking about this? The black rain is already here. Eighteen people died in it yesterday at Arkadia, so if night blood can let us walk around in it, I for one want to know about that."

Roan nods, placing his chin on top of Angelina's head as the girl stands close to Luna. The only thing that brought either of the natblidas any comfort was sticking close together, knowing that they were both on the same page.

Jackson nods at Abby. He turns to the chamber as he speaks, "initiating."

Angelina hears the chamber fire up as Jackson slowly turns the dial, allowing the radiation to fill. The magical girl stares at the man, looking for any chance as Jackson announces, "500 REM."

Angelina's heart races in her chest as Clarke inches closer to the man, the brunette slowly moving herself and Roan closer. Luna skeptically follows.