Chapter 35 ➼ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 ℱ𝑜𝓊𝓇 ℋ𝑜𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒 ➼ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃

STANDING AT THE ENTRANCE TO A hidden ally way, Octavia Blake watches with pride as Angelina easily overpowers Raen in a sword fight. Indra stands watching over Octavia's shoulder as the warrior remembers the first time she trained the magical girl.

Like it was yesterday Indra feels a sense of pride when remembering Angelina and Octavia dancing around a ring of Trikru grounders, fists drawn tight as they prepared for war against the Mountain Men.

Neither women says a word, only watching as Raen falls onto one knee. Angelina shows no mercy to the man as she rests the tip of her sword to his throat. Raen's eyes widen as he holds his hands up in surrender, his metal sword clattering to the stone ground.

Octavia beams as her eyes lock with Angelina's ecstatic ones. The brunette squeals as she throws her arms around Octavia's shoulders.

Indra says nothing as she rests her hand on the girl's shoulder, giving her a small nod of approval.

Angelina turns to Raen as she man finishes brushing the dirt off his pants while Octavia goes back to sharpening her own blade. The darker haired female turns, glancing over her shoulder as she feels another presence.

Roan stands before the girl, slowly pulling his hood from his head.

"It's not safe for you here," Octavia speaks, alerting Angelina as she moves to wrap her arms around her soulmate. "What do you want?"

Roan pulls Angelina into his side, pressing a small kiss to the top of her head as he turns to Octavia and says, "I need you to handle something for me, the way that you handled ambassador Rafel."

Angelina and Octavia lock eyes, neither one of them ever confirmed or denied what happened in Rafel's hut on the night of his murder.

Roan turns, noticing Indra and Raen exiting the ally way. He turns back to Octavia, lowering his voice as he tells the girl, "we should speak alone."

Octavia glances to Indra, locking her hands behind her back as she tells the king, "if you can't trust Indra, then you can't trust me."

As Indra and Raen move closer, Roan quietly announces, "the flame's been stolen."

Angelina's heart drops deep into her stomach as she pulls herself from Roan's embrace. The girl holds her chest as she struggles to steady her breathing. Roan places a hand on the girl's back as Octavia asks, "how? When?"