Chapter 47 ➼ 𝒜𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 ℒ𝑜𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈

𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝓃𝑜 𝒸𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝑜𝓁𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓌'𝒞𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃ℋ𝒾𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃ℱ𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃

'𝒞𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃
ℋ𝒾𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃
ℱ𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈

DARK THOUGHTS SWARM ANGELINA'S HEAD THAT night, keeping the girl awake as she tosses and turns in her shared bed with Roan. She knew that she did what had to be done. Shooting at the defectors, she knew it had to look real. She knew that taking the lives of her people was necessary.

Omon gon oson.

But what scared the dark queen was how she didn't feel bad about it. The girl didn't feel a single negative emotion towards what she knew happened that evening. Not even Raen showed hesitation when she and Octavia agreed on the order.

Someone stirring beside the girl catches her attention. It wasn't uncommon for Octavia to make her way into the soulmate's sleeping quarters on nights like these. Usually Octavia made her way to sleep beside her person on rougher days as the two could read each other like a book. But like Angelina, Octavia didn't feel a thing for those who died today at the hands of Wonkru.

Roan's arm reaches across the girl's stomach, pulling her close as he nuzzles his nose into Angelina's neck. The woman not making a sound as she rests her hand on her soulmate's arm. 

"Can't sleep?" Roan's rasped voice fills the silent room.

Instead of responding, Angelina shakes her head. The girl opens her mouth, only to close it again as she questions herself. Sensing the girl's hesitation, Roan runs his finger's through the girl's hair. Usually this small action would put the girl right to sleep, but the girl's mind was swarming as she finally vocalizes, "are you with me?"

Roan pauses, his fingers hovering over the back of the woman's neck as she continues. "I mean, these past six years have been some of my worst. I've been at my worst, for a while now."

"Angelina," Roan cuts the woman off. Angelina turning to look at the man, the small flicker of the candle illuminating the side of his face. "I love you, more every day than the last."

"I love you," Angelina immediately replies as Roan continues running his fingers through her hair.

"Of course I'm with you," Roan's deep voice projects. "I'll always be with you."