Chapter 26 ➼𝒮𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℱ𝒾𝓇𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍 ➼ 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒

ANGELINA HOOD CRIES SILENTLY AS SHE stands over Lexa's body. The girl had refused to leave her alone every for a second as the servants prepared the body. Roan stands behind the girl as they watch the servants wrap Lexa's body in a white cloth. Roan comforts his soulmate as he runs his fingers through Angelina's hair. The girl hadn't taken it down from the way Lexa had styled it for her.

Angelina leans back into Roan's chest, intertwining their fingers as the both look down over Lexa's body.

Roan moves the two to the side as the natblidas arrive to preform their purification ritual before tomorrow's conclave.

Angelina watches as Aden is the first to step up to the commander's wrapped body. Candles and red roses surround the commander, illuminating Angelina's face as she stares straight at Lexa's body, watching for any little movement that would tell the girl that this was all a dream, that Lexa was alive and that this was all a misunderstanding. Aden was Lexa's favorite, though she would never admit it to anyone other than Angelina. The young boy steps up to her body, sending Angelina a soft smile as her face is still wet with the tears she wept.

Angelina watches as Aden reaches into a ceramic jar, pulling red soot into his hand before sprinkling the substance over Lexa's body. "Hofli keryon kom heda na sad ai op." (May the spirit of the commander chose me.)

Angelina's eyes don't leave Lexa as the doors open, revealing Titus as he leads Clarke and John into the room. Titus bows before his commander as Angelina shakes with rage. Roan pulls the girl's back to his chest, letting her seethe in his arms.

"They're just kids," Angelina hears John whisper to Clarke.

Titus moves to stand before Aden, whispering in his ear. The young boy turns, glancing to Clarke before he nods. Aden moves to the side, standing before Angelina as Clarke moves to speak with him.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," Clarke apologizes.

"Would you like a moment with her?" Aden asks, making tears form again in Angelina's eyes.

Angelina blinks them away as Clarke shakes her head and says, "no." She glances at Lexa before saying, "I'm here to see you." Aden watches her as she says, "you made me a promise to support my people."

"If heda's spirit chooses me," Aden clarifies.

"Yes. Will you still?" Clarke asks.

"We all will," Aden says, glancing to the rest of the natblidas sitting before their commander. "Lexa made each of us vow it."

Tears fall again from Angelina's eyes as each of the natblidas stand, bowing their heads towards them.

"We loved her," Aden says.