Chapter 14 ➼ ℛ𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 ℳ𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ➼  𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝑒

"ANGELINA," LEXA CALLS AS ANGELINA AND Clarke stand side by side outside the tent, watching as the grounders haul Finn's body onto a cart. Angelina moves to stand by the commander's side as the woman smiles and says, "I'd like to spend time getting to know you. Ride with us to Ton DC?"

Angelina nods as she says, "I'd be honored to."

Angelina follows Lexa behind her tent where the grounder army arms their horses. Angelina watches in amazement as one of the horses rests its head into her hand. Lexa watches with a soft smile on her lips as she asks, "Have you ever rode a horse?"

"It's been a while," Angelina says, stoking the horse's nose. "I rode with my father when I was a young girl."

Lexa nods as she motions for her guard. The man helps strap armor onto Angelina's chest similar to the one Lexa wears. He hands her tall boots covered in fur and a thin, dark jacket. Angelina quickly slips them on before turning to Lexa. "Thank you."

Lexa nods as she climbs onto a large white horse. Gustus approaches Angelina with a tall black horse before helping her climb up onto it. "I'd like you to ride with me and my army if that's alright."

Angelina nods with a smile as she takes the horse's rein in her hand and follows after Lexa.

The morning sun rises as Angelina rides next to Lexa. Octavia walks beside Lincoln, Bellamy and Clarke as they walk behind the cart carrying Finn's body. Raven sits on the cart, her eyes never leaving Finn. Octavia occasionally glances behind her at Angelina. Each time Angelina gives the girl a smile, letting her know that she was okay.

"How did you come here from another realm?" Lexa asks, drawing Angelina's attention. "Our ancestors believed you would be born down here on our ground and we would raise you into our customs."

Angelina sighs as she says, "It's kind of a long story."

Lexa watches the girl intensely as she begins. "I was born in the Enchanted Forest. It was a place where many characters from old fairytale stories were born. We all lived under the rule of my mother, the queen. My father was a man who lead the armies. He was a good man who believed in those of his people."

"Robin Hood," Lexa interrupts. "My father told me old legends about him before."

"What else do you know?" Angelina asks, now curious to know how much of her past life was passed down to this new community.

"Just old legends," Lexa shrugged. "Tales of another life."

"My father taught me everything I know," Angelina says as she glances to Lexa. "He's everything that I want to be." She shakes her head as she says, "So imagine the surprise when I fall unconscious after falling through a portal and wake up in a tin can floating in space and as soon as I go digging for answers I'm locked up. In total isolation. I never left that room until they locked one hundred kids in the drop ship and dropped them down to Earth. The people in charge up there had no idea if this place was even survivable, by the way."