Chapter 49 ➼ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓇𝓈 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁

ℐ 𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹, ℐ'𝓂 𝒽𝑜𝓌𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓃𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒹...

𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹, ℐ'𝓂 𝒽𝑜𝓌𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃
𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒
𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓃𝑜𝑜𝓃
𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝑒 𝒹𝑜
𝒯𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎?

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓇𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁

"THE RATIONS ARE PACKED," MILLER INFORMS his queens. Angelina leans against the table as Octavia sits among her throne in their office, her head in her hands.

Angelina glances over to the girl, worried about her friend. Octavia hadn't spoken since last night after she had her break down. Angelina had taken Octavia into her shared room with Roan and kept the girl there all morning, leaving Miller in charge until the two queens emerged.

"Half of our people won't match," the man continues, locking eyes with Angelina. "Fear of the sandstorms has put a dent in morale. We're letting it be known that we're taking the longer route to avoid them but," the man trails off as Brell, Kara's replacement, interrupts.

"Don't be a coward, Miller." Angelina didn't like the girl very much. The girl wouldn't lie, she didn't really care for Kara either, but the girl proved herself useful and she didn't argue much. "It's not the sandstorms. Tell them the truth."

Angelina raises an eyebrow, looking to Nathan as he speaks, "it's Madi."

Octavia lifts her head, curious.

"The fact that there's a supposed commander who's willing to take the flame has complicated things," Nathan speaks.

"Complicated?" Angelina questions, crossing her arms over her chest as she shifts her weight to sit upon the arm of the throne in which Octavia sits. "You just said that half of our people won't march. I'd call that more than complicated."

Brell rolls her eyes as she spits, "well maybe if you hadn't tried to kill her, the believers." Angelina cuts the woman off, fed up by her presence as she barks, "I don't care about the believers, we don't need them."

Miller agrees, speaking, "even at half strength, we outnumber Diyoza's army."

"It's still not enough, not without the worms," Octavia speaks up.