Chapter 43 ➼ ℛ𝑒𝒹 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃

ℐ 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓃,𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓅𝓈

𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓅𝓈.
ℐ𝒻 𝒶 𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓉,
𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃 ℐ 𝑜𝓌𝑒 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔,
ℐ 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝑔𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒷𝒾𝓉,
'𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔.

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 ➼ 𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK SINCE the conclave and five days since closing the bunker doors, and still Roan had never left his soulmate's side. The magical girl still remained unconscious and although Octavia and Roan had Abby Griffin see the girl daily for an evaluation, Roan feared that the girl may never wake up.

"Her vitals are strong," Abby announces as she lay her stethoscope around her neck.

Octavia and Raen lean against the wall while Roan kneels on the girl's bed. "So when will she wake up?" Octavia asks, her arms crossed over her chest.

Abby sends a hesitant glance in the woman's direction before turning her attention to the girl in the bed. "It could be any day, or it could be never," the doctor announces before gesturing to the stack of books at the girl's bedside. "We found her mother's spell books in the flame keeper's hall before closing the doors. Even though I don't understand most of it, I have read them all."

The doctor glances to Roan as she says, "I'm no expert on this, but I do believe that Angelina used dark magic during the conclave. I may be wrong, but I believe that this magic has taken over."

"She feared that it would," Roan sighs.

"She just needs to heal," Abby nods to the man before turning to Octavia. "I'll be back tomorrow to check her over and see if anything has changed."

46 DAYS AFTER PRIAMFAYA

Indra and Raen follow the sound of metal on metal as they venture down the hallway in search of Octavia. To no one's surprise, they find the girl having pinned Nathan Miller to the ground with her sword to his neck.

The brunette glances up, a wide grin on her face as she locks eyes with Raen.

"Octavia, it's time to go," Indra tells the girl. "The delegates have assembled."

Octavia helps Miller stand before placing her blade on her hip. "Dressing me up doesn't fool anyone," the girl remarks. "My blood is red and it always will be."