Chapter 28 ➼ 𝒟𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓈

𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃, 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓅𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒲𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝑒, 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝑒𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 ℐ 𝓉𝓇𝓎, 𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝒲𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝒾𝑔...

𝒲𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝑒,
𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝑒
𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 ℐ 𝓉𝓇𝓎, 𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒
𝒲𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝒾𝑔𝒽,
𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝒾𝑔𝒽

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓈

"BEKKA'S JOURNAL IS AMAZING," RAVEN GUSHES from across Angelina as the group rides in the back of the rover. Raven smiles as she flips through the pages. "At twenty six she found a pathway to access the human mind. That same year, she had to lock up Alie because her answer for what was wrong with the world was too many people. She was twenty seven when it launched the bombs."

Clarke turns around from the passenger seat as she asks, "what did she write about the flame?"

"Alie 2.0," Raven says. "She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind, but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it was one of us. She would put it in herself first." Raven excitedly announces. "She altered her genes so that her body wouldn't reject the implant."

"The grounders called her Bekka Pramheda," Angelina says from her seat wedged between Octavia and Sinclair. "The first commander."

"The gene therapy made her blood black, didn't it?" Clarke asks the brown haired girl.

"Yeah," Raven looks to the blonde inquisitively. "How did you know that?"

"Nightblood," Clarke speaks. "That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary. Luna has it, that's why we have to find her."

"So why is Lina's?" Octavia questions.

Angelina shrugs, "it's not like I was born from the lineage."

Clarke shrugs, turning back to Raven as she says, "if Luna can access Alie 2," Octavia cuts the girl off as she says, "then she can tell us how to take down Alie 1."

"Get back to the mind pathway," Monty says as he holds a chip in his hands. "If Alie uses it to upload our minds to the City of Light, then there's a chance that my mom is still alive."

"That depends on your definition of alive," Raven sadly says.

Octavia had filled Angelina in on what happened at the dropship privately. Monty's mother was chipped and attacked the two while recovering the thrusters from the drop ship. Monty shot his own mother to save Octavia's life.