Chapter 41 ➼ 𝒟𝒾𝑒 𝒜𝓁𝓁, 𝒟𝒾𝑒 ℳ𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎

𝒜𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒶𝓋𝒾𝑜𝓇,𝒯𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒,ℰ𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹

𝒯𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓃𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒,
ℰ𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹.

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓁, 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎

THE AZGEDA KING WATCHES HIS SOULMATE, standing across the room and the woman paces back and forth. Roan's eyes track the girl as green flames lap from her boots.

"Ang," Roan softly calls. "You're going to burn a hole into the floor."

The woman doesn't glance at her soulmate or slow her pace as she shakes her head. "Don't Ang me right now, Roan. There are so many other warriors from Azgeda that would be suitable for the conclave."

Roan sighs, running a hand across his stubbled chin. "That's not true. We both know it."

No sooner did the words leave Roan's mouth as he suggested the conclave did the man volunteer to fight for Azgeda. Angelina didn't know what she was thinking when she agreed with Roan about the war, but the brunette certainly didn't expect Roan to volunteer without speaking with her first.

"I can't hear this right now," Angelina shakes her head. "I can't, I can't understand how you expect me to wrap my head around the thought of losing you."

Angelina stands between Echo and Raen in the middle of the crowded Polis streets as Gaia initiates the conclave, naming each clan's warrior. Angelina doesn't tear her eyes from Roan as he stands tall over the warriors on either side of him. Angelina recognized the sigil around their necks to represent Trikru and Sangedakru.

"What the hell?" Raen asks, grasping onto Angelina's shoulder as she tears the girl's attention away.

Angelina glances at Raen, the corner of her eye catching Octavia pushing her way through the crowd. Clarke and Bellamy follow, the elder Blake sibling eyeing Angelina with caution as Octavia steps onto the platform the held the other eleven warriors.

Angelina barely hears Gaia's next words as her blood pounds in her ears. "Accept the sigil of your clan and fight with honor as their champion."

Angelina's knees grow weak, the girl leaning into Raen for support as Octavia moves to stand beside the warrior from Trikru. The sigil around the girl's neck gleaming in the sunlight, taunting Angelina.