Chapter 38 ➼ 𝒢𝒾𝓋𝑒 ℳ𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓉𝑒𝓇

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 ➼ 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓉𝑒𝓇

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓉𝑒𝓇

"WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM," ROAN CALLS from the back of the rover.

The group had spent all day driving to the lab, and after an attack from Trikru and Roan's men attempting to steal the hydrazine for themselves, Angelina was exhausted. So it was no surprise that Angelina didn't react as Roan shows them one of Trikru's arrows that stuck out from a now empty barrel.

Angelina helped Roan unload the rest of the barrels, even though she knew it wouldn't be enough to send Raven and Abby into space. When Abby greeted the group, one look from Angelina's exhausted face had Abby offering up one of the houses hidden on the island.

Angelina currently rests her head on Roan's shoulder as he carries the girl through the woods, following after Clarke and Emori. Angelina was promised a warm shower and a bed for the night and the girl couldn't contain her excitement. Roan knew this with one glance at his soulmate.

"Raven says the black rain will be here soon," Emori speaks up.

Clarke, who pushes ahead of the girl turns over her shoulder as she says, "Raven's right." The blonde slows her pace, walking beside Roan as Emori follows behind them. The blonde sighs as she says, "I used to love the rain, now it terrifies me."

Emori laughs as she tells the girl, "I would have thought that nothing terrified you."

"Did I say something wrong?" Clarke wonders aloud, stopping to face the girl.

"No," Emori shakes her head. "I just hate this island, that's all."

"John said that you used to work here?" Angelina questions, having previously overheard the information from Abby. The girl raises her head from Roan's shoulder to send the woman a soft smile as Emori mumbles under her breath, "something like that."

"Scavenging tech for Alie?" Clarke asks, her voice soft as both women watch Emori. When the girl doesn't respond, Clarke apologizes, "I'm sorry, too many questions."

"Don't mind me," Emori tells the blonde, laughing quietly to herself. "I'm just upset that our mission here has failed. Hopefully your mother will come up with another way."

Clarke pauses, letting Roan take the lead as Emori continues, "you're just like her. Willing to do anything to save your people." Angelina notices the sarcasm behind her words as Emori tells her, "Skaikru is lucky to have you."

Clarke shakes her head as she tells her, "we're not doing this just for Skaikru."

Roan pauses, placing Angelina on her feet as Emori pulls out a radio and speaks into it, "we're at the tree line. Coming up."