Chapter 16 ➼ 𝒞𝑜𝓊𝓅 𝒹𝑒 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ➼ 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓅 𝒹𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓅 𝒹𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑒

ANGELINA SITS TALL ON THE HORSE that Lexa had given the girl as Lexas guards bring Clarke and Angelina back to the ark's village. Angelina pulls the horse to a stop, groaning as Abby Griffin gets off her horse to collect water from a mud puddle into a canister. Angelina wrinkles her nose as Clarke climbs off her horse. The grounder riders close in on Angelina, per Lexa's orders, as the brunette listens in on Clarke's conversation.

"Mom, why are we stopping?" The blonde complains as her eyes sweep the field.

"You need to drink, too," Abby says as she hands her daughter the mud-water canister.

Clarke holds up a hand as she urges, "I'm fine. We're almost home."

"The ark's scouts patrol this area, just be careful where you shoot," Angelina warns the riders.

"Yes ma'am," one replies, making Angelina wrinkle her nose as she says, "Ew, don't call me ma'am."

The rider couldn't be much older than Angelina as he sits beside her. His eyes sit wide as he stumbles over his next words. "I - I'm sorry sleya."

"You know you can just call me Angelina? And don't you dare say that those are the commander's orders because I overrule the commander on what you get to call me," Angelina warns, pointing a finger at the boy, making him laugh quietly.

"Mount up!" Clarke calls, turning away from her mother.

"Clarke, wait," Abby turns the girl back around.

"I need to get back to that radio to see if Bellamy has made contact yet," Clarke says, taking a step back away from her mother.

"Listen to me," Abby pleads. "I know you don't think that you need my protection anymore, but you do. You have to trust that I know what's best for us."

Just as Clarke climbs back onto the horse, a gun shot sounds. The rider, who Angelina learned was named Raen, throws himself over her, knocking the two of them off of the horse. Angelina gasps as she hits the hard ground. She turns her head to watch as one of the grounders who rode behind her falls off the horse. Blood pours from the bullet wound on his abdomen.

"Mountain men," Angelina hears Clarke mumble under her breath as she takes off on her horse.

"Oh, no way she left me," Angelina gasps as she stands. Raen quickly follows, checking the girl for injuries before she pushes his hands off of her before saying, "Raen, Raen. I'm fine. Just follow me." Angelina uses her magic to disappear in a cloud of green smoke, leaving a trial as she reappears on top of the hill where the two mountain men were.