Chapter 13 ➼ 𝒮𝓅𝒶𝒸𝑒𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝑒𝓇

ℛ𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌 ℐ 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒ℐ 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔𝒯𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 ℐ 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 ℐ 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔𝒮𝑜 𝓌𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒

ℐ 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔
𝒯𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 ℐ 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂
𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 ℐ 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔
𝒮𝑜 𝓌𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒.

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓅𝒶𝒸𝑒𝓌𝒶𝓁𝓀𝑒𝓇

AS ANGELINA RETURNED TO CAMP, SHE quickly rushed to Octavia's side. The girl let her fall apart on her shoulder as she needed to release the emotions that she had been suppressing on the journey back to camp with Clarke. John Murphy had tried to intercept the girl once she returned to camp, but by the distressed look on her face John knew that the girl needed Octavia. So he lead her into the medical tent where Dr. Griffin was treating Lincoln. Angelina promised she would catch up with the boy later as he left the tent.

"He's not a reaper anymore. He doesn't need to be restrained." Clarke says as she walks into the tent.

Angelina stands off to the side behind Octavia. The girl clenches her first, giving her something to focus on as Lincoln says, "Yes I do."

After a moment of silence, Abby speaks up. "Just tell us, is there a way to make peace?"

"Did she leave riders behind?" Lincoln asks as he watches Angelina clench and unclench her fist.

"Two right outside the gate," Abby fills him in.

"They're waiting for Finn," Lincoln says as he props himself up on the exam table. "You don't have much time to decide."

"She can't expect us to just hand over one of our own people. Would she do that?" Octavia searches for an answer.

Lincoln shake his head as he says, "Lexa wouldn't let the rest of her people die to protect a murderer." Angelina sighs, closing her eyes as she feels weak while Lincoln continues. "If you don't do this she'll kill everyone in this camp."

"There has to be something that we can offer." Abby says.

"Finn took eighteen lives," Lincoln states. "The commander is offering to just take one in return. Take the deal."

"How can you say that?" Clarke asks, getting defensive. "Finn was the first person to come to you for peace. He's your friend!"

"He also massacred my village," Lincoln says. "Some of the dead were my friends too."

"But that wasn't Finn. You know that," Clarke pleads with Lincoln.

"It is now," Lincoln says. "We've all got a monster inside of us, Clarke. And we're all responsible for what happens when we let it out."