Chapter 7 ➼ 𝐼 𝒜𝓂 𝐵𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 ➼ 𝒾 𝒶𝓂 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒾 𝒶𝓂 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽

SILENCE ERUPTS THROUGHOUT THE CAMP AS Angelina wakes. The girl exits her tent finding it to be night time.  With a bow strapped to her back, the girl makes her way to the drop ship when she hears yelling at the gate.

"Somebody hit the trip wire!"

Angelina turns, finding a crowd gathering near the gate as those who stand guard aim their guns past the gate.

"Was it a grounder?!"

Angelina catches Octavia's eye as she pushes her way through the crowd. Angelina stands back as Octavia reaches the gate.

"I don't see anything!"

"Something moved!"

"There!" Someone yells as Angelina hears gun shots.

Angelina waits as Octavia pushes through the gate. She stays still in her spot until she hears Octavia yell, "Oh my god, Lina!"

The girl pushes through the crowd, sliding her petite body through the gate when she finds Octavia holding up John Murphy. The boy is covered from head to toe in dried blood. His eyes are closed as he leans against Octavia.

"John?"

The boy opens his eyes. Tears stream down his face as Angelina helps Octavia carry him into the drop ship. As the two girls sit the boy down, John launches himself into Angelina's embrace. The brunette wraps her arms around him, letting him cry. He hides his face in her hair until the boy can get himself together. Octavia brings water and a towel as she begins cleaning the boy's face.

"What happened to you, John?" Angelina asks the boy, sitting next to him.

"Grounders," he croaks out. Angelina helps the boy drink from the canteen before he asks, "What happened to you when they tried to hang me?"

"Grounders," Angelina answers as Bellamy and Clarke enter the drop ship.

"Where is he?" Bellamy says. He stops as he catches sight of the bloody boy sitting in Angelina's embrace. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out now."

The crowd disappears as Angelina stays put. She didn't trust Bellamy around John after what Clarke had told her happened between him and Charlotte.

"He claims he was with the grounders. We caught him trying to sneak back into camp," Connor tells the boy as he holds a gun in his hands.

"I wasn't sneaking," John mumbles. "I was running from the grounders."

"Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy asks.

Connor and Derek stay quiet.

"Well in that case," Bellamy says, lifting his gun to aim for John.