Chapter 1 ➼ 𝒫𝒾𝓁𝑜𝓉

ℐ'𝓂 𝓌𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓅, ℐ 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒾𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓈ℰ𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝓎𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝓌𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒶𝑔𝑒, 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒶𝑔𝑒

ℰ𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝓎𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝓌
𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒶𝑔𝑒, 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒶𝑔𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝑜𝓉

ANGELINA HOOD AWAKENS WITH A GASP as she sits straight up.

"Welcome back," a voice greets the girl from her left. "I thought you'd be out and miss the whole ride."

Angelina glances to her left to find a teenage boy strapped in next to her. The girl panics, pulling at her harness only for the boy to stop her by placing his hand on her leg.

"Hey, hey stop. They're sending us to the ground."

"The what?!" Angelina gasps as a loud boom sounds throughout the small ship, rattling the girl. The lights flicker as Angelina looks around. Teenagers surround the girl strapped into seats or against the wall. "We're going to the ground now?"

The boy nods his head as a TV turns on and a man begins speaking.

"Who is that?" Angelina asks as she stares wide eyed at the man on the screen. The boy give her an odd look as he says, "That's Chancellor Jaha. Man, they must have knocked you out good."

Angelina shakes her head, "No. I'm not from here," she blurts out as she watches the screen.

"Prisoners of the ark, here me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your chancellor it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable. Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain." The Chancellor's message cuts in and out as the drop ship grows closer to the ground.

Angelina locks eyes with the boy as the ship begins to rumble. "What was that?"

"We're breaking through the atmosphere," The boy responds as he glances back at the screen and rolls his eyes.

"It was to be stocked with enough nonperishables to sustain three hundred people for up to two years," The chancellor continues.

Angelina's attention is turned away from the screen when a group begins laughing. The girl strains in her seat to watch as a boy unstraps his harness and begins floating through the ship. "Is that some sort of magic?" Angelina asks, more to herself than anyone else.