One

Anguish...

A boundless colossal gap that frets on ones soul until there's no more life left in it. Turns one's vision from colorful to perceiving only blacks and whites. After then almost everything starts to rub salt against a painful memory...

I've implemented a vast steamy pile of it for the past three months.

My mother passing away that is...

After suffering for a year and a half from Leukemia AML, God has chosen to put her soul at rest. I knew this was inevitable and definite. But no matter how many times I've practiced. The pain was unmatched, innumerable. I'm surprised I lived through it at all...

My mother and I lived acutely. We had money enough to feed us both, a roof on top of our heads, considerable cloth, and a respectable place in our community. We lived contented and serene. I haven't completed my degree in business yet. My mom worked in a bank, was paid well enough. Unfortunately, I couldn't take her place after she passed away because I wasn't done with my degree. I had four semesters yet to go.

And right after those three months of heartaches and grief, I receive a call from the only person I didn't wish to hear from, my father. Except, it wasn't him...

It was his lawyer, who has informed me of my father passing away....

At first, shock consumed me. In the period of three months, I've become an orphan...

But then, a spark of hope lit my soul.

I had brothers... Whom I never knew of...