Sixty Two

A day well spent, I call it...

Today, Stacey has finally decided on a wedding dress.

After promenading down so many streets and going through an average of fifteen dresses per shop!

Hayley Paige was the one...

Both Jenna and I wept when Stacey stepped out of the dressing room in that one breathtaking dress.

The reason behind my tears was seeing Stacey in this dress, her face bright, her breath caught, her eyes twinkling with love and admiration...

My best friend was getting married to no one other than my brother! For years we've spoken about this! Fantasized this day! The day where we get to try on our wedding dresses. It's a dream come true...

I could've kept the tears in but... The way Jenna, Stacey's Mother has surged into passionate sobs has poked at my heart.

I wished mother got to see me in a white dress too... Or even father...

Every thought that crosses my mind related to any of them pushes both my mind and my body into a state of demise... At this moment, I felt like a comatose soul. A body that misses humanity... I'm surprised I've survived this long without their presence in my life.

The only way this pain in my chest seems to suppress, is when the thought of Luke floats by...

"God I love this man..." I whisper before crossing the street and stepping into my handsome man's baby.

This is when I start summarizing how my day went...

Well, it basically revolved around one thing...

The dress was a piece of art!

The upper top was a strapless heart shaped bustier with intricate lacey finishing. The way it emphasized her marvelous curves... Oh my...

The central part focused on the astonishing tulle ruffles that gave off a very special spirit to the whole dress.

The dress flaunted breathily, its striking length gave Stacey the sensation of being a queen... Over all, the dress caused us to drown into an out earthly mood. It was beyond perfection...

"Did you get a dress too?" He asks and I shake my head denoting not.

"I'm the maid of honor..." I mention gleefully.

"Does she have a dress code for you?" He asks and I shrug.

Stacey did not mention any dress codes...

"Not really-no. Why?" I ask.

"We'll shop for your dress together then..." He says and I smile timidly.

Luke wants to pick my dress?

"Really?" I ask and he nods reassuringly.

"Alright then..." I giggle.

"When?" He asks.

"I'm not in a hurry, we can buy it any time next week." I inform him and he nods again.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you really have to stay at your mothers?" Erik whines and I nod seconding his question.

"Yes, I do... I need some Mother-Daughter time. Plus! You'll learn how to miss me a little." Stacey winks at him but he doesn't find in this a slightest sarcastic bit.

Both Stacey and I laugh at the way he stared blankly at her.

"Ball up man..." Luke stifles a chuckle after elbowing Erik.