Thirty nine [II]

I throw my head back in laughter.

I've found her weak spot!

"Does it tickle?" I ask and she covers her neck with both her hands and nods coyly.

I bring my fingers closer to her neck and she instantly pulls back.

I laugh again.

"Alright!" I lift my hands up meaning no harm.

Just tease...

Her hands ease away from her neck as she eye's me suspiciously.

On the faintest reflex from my fingers she covers it back again.

"Relax!" I chuckle.

"Seriously now..." I reach for her wrists and pull them away. She gulps hard.

"Luke please don't..." She pleas.

I let out a breathy laugh.

"I won't. I just want to try something." I tell her and manage to narrow down my smile.

I inch my head closer to her, and then a little to the left.

I cautiously place a soft kiss on her neck right under her earlobe. Her head jerks in reflex and our heads lightly bump and we both pull away. She snickers and I can't help it with the laughter.

When I finally stop, I sigh.

How am I going to get over all this in the morning?...

"What?..." She questions.

"Nothing..." I say and pull her back to my front, wanting her to face away.

"Sleep." I whisper in her ear and her head jerks again.

I grin.

The seconds pass, the minutes pass, and the hours pile up and I could not fall asleep. Although the woman I feel the most at ease with slept right in my arms. I couldn't sleep and she was the sole reason behind that.

Well, mainly her, but also Silver, who was sleeping on my bed in the other room.

I didn't want to face her in the morning. She makes my blood boil.

What was she expecting after all the harm she has brought on us just because things didn't work out between us?

She was so selfish. So self consumed! All she cared about was money, fame, and beauty. She spoke about what brands she wanted to get the first editions of, and how tragic it was when her Jimmie Choo heels broke.

These things should never be one's top priority. And therefore people as such, can, and will not be someone's top priority...

And I spoke to her about all that. I've lectured her so many times and her response was always an apology followed by a devious way of getting herself out of the awkward situation by using seduction or ill sarcasm.

Emma shifts and I sigh a little bit relieved. Since I couldn't feel my arm for a little while there. She's so quiet in her sleep and she barely turns.

~~~~~~~~~~

The moment my eye's find sleep, I'm awakened back up.

By a beautiful morning face...

"Why are you smiling like that?" I ask in suspicion, my voice coming out hoarse.

She was propped on her elbow and beaming at me in a sneaky manner.

I brush my fingers through my, longer hair now and rub the sleep out of my eyes.

She frowns.

"Your eyes are so red..." She remarks.