Thirty Two

I didn't have to act all surprised when I totally was!

I've just been alerted out of my sleep and the first thing my sight met were my dazzling brothers and their girlfriends surrounding me, circling my bed, and holding a giant white forest cupcake extended for me with a big twenty two candle lit on it.

"You guys!!!!" I coo as I enthusiastically prop up on my knees and I reach for the cupcake.

"Happy birthday!"

They sing in unison in a loud off beat rhythm and I move my head along with it, swaying delightedly at my birthday song.

I blew the candle off and jumped out of my bed and raced to hug each and every one of them.

Andrea and Scott bought me a beautiful dress, said I was to wear it because we're celebrating tonight.

It was a loose indigo short dress that had an intricately beaded top and a plain bottom that fanned freely on every move.

I worshiped it!

"Thank you so much! You've made my entire year!" I tell them as we all start munching down on the divine cupcake in hand.

"Save some for Luke!" I mention and Erik's face falls.

"He's such a jerk I swear..." He says in a low tone.

"Why?" I ask trying to act cool.

"He couldn't wish you a freaking happy birthday?!" He says and my face begins to heat up.

"Oh, he did." I inform him and Stacey and I exchange a look.

"Yesterday night." I tell him.

Both Scott and Erik exchange a glance.

"Good..." Erik adds.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" I ask.

"There's two plans." Andrea begins to say.

"One, a normal party at some jammed club." She says unlikely.

"Two, there's this party that follows an exciting program."

"We all meet up somewhere, and we hike our way to a secret camp, and that's where the party is, we stay until dawn, and then we hike back."

"It's by the river, and I personally think it'll be fun!" She concludes.

I nod agreeing.

"Seems fun. Alright then." Erik sums up when we all approve of the plan.

"You've been sleeping for so long. Get up, take a shower and come down stairs, it's only a couple of hours before we leave." Stacey tells me and I nod at her.

That was my original plan.

And I begin to execute it.

~~~~~~~~~

"Stop moving!" Stacey redirects my face as she continues to apply my eye makeup.

I've asked her to redo that smoky eye makeup she did for me before since I liked the look it gave me and thought it would go really well with my gifted dress.

"Did he text back?" She asks and I huff at her.

"You won't let me reach for my phone!" I say and she chuckles.

"You're growing impatient..." She smirks.

I reach for my phone, but there was no reply to my text to Luke.

I've sent a text asking him where he was, like ten minutes ago.

"Okay, I'm all done here." She announces and I take a look at the mirror and grin.