Forty Six

"BOA Steakhouse?!" I exclaim.

"No!" I shake my head rebelliously.

He swings my door open and reaches for my arm.
"Hold on! Listen!" I hold on to the car door and pull against him.

"Emma you have to eat now..." He stops pulling me and sighs.

"If I really have to then let's just order to go. I-umm..." I lower my gaze to the ground and my face heats.

How was I supposed to say this?!

"I don't think they have the to-go option..." He says.

I don't speak...

Don't you get it?!

I'm a woman on her freaking period.

And not any regular period...

I can feel myself bleed profusely! I need a bed and a bathroom!

I need comfort!

"Emma come on I'm tired, we landed and then went straight to the hospital... I'm restless, but I'm also hungry." He speaks and I feel ashamed of myself.

"Let's go back home and order pizza. Extra meat! Extra veggies! Whatever you wish for. You do the order. I'll eat with not one objection." I rush the suggestion.

"Just let's go home Luke I need a bathroom..." I utter instinctively and his objectionable expression instantly gets replaced by him giving up...

He gets back into the car and we make the order on our way...

When we reach, we're met by worried faces.

Stacey pulls me into a fervent hug when I step inside.

"Are you okay?" She inspects me.

"Yes, I'm great!" I smile awkwardly.

Erik hugs me next, then Scott.

"What was wrong with her?" Erik asks Luke and I tense.

"No-nothing. Just airplane sickness. I got a little dizzy, and I didn't eat well on board." I inform him and Luke shrugs off my lie.

I certainly didn't want both Scott and Erik knowing about my freaky period. One was enough...

The worst one...

"Oh, we ordered pizza... Do you guys want some? It should be on its way now." I offer but they all wave it off.

"We're all dead sleepy. It's good that you guys are back safe, don't worry us like that again Emma... And goodnight." Erik speaks on behalf of all the sleepy heads and they all start at the stairs.

"Are we going to eat that in my room?" Luke asks.

"No! Mine, please..." I reply in obvious repulsion. He frowns.

He wouldn't understand...

"Okay..." He says a little thoughtfully.

"Great, I'mma go to the bathroom upstairs..." I excuse myself.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, a clean pair of secured boy shorts, fresh sweatpants, a soft cotton shirt, a warm room, I was on cloud nine right now...

Luke steps in with the pizza in hand.

I grin.
It just got better...

"I'd leave it in here and go get some rest because I'd choose sleep over food at this time of the night, but I don't trust you'll eat anything..." He shuts the door and approaches me.