Twenty Nine [I]

The rest of the day I fought down painful lumps that grew larger and more persistent, nearly asphyxiating me.

I muster smiles and stare right at the person speaking, acting all engrossed and connected to them, but my head was tossing and turning around the one sole person that was giving me the hardest time here.

I can't fit my head into knowing what he's thinking.

At first, he doubted I was even Mark Kent's real daughter, and then he was scientifically proven wrong, although he knew it from the beginning that I was real, because of how much my dad spoke of me in front of him, which only made him grow up hating me day by day, thinking I refused seeing my father and I unloved him for leaving my mother and I, which was a whole different story that I myself haven't figured out yet!

I sigh and rub my forehead in distress.

And then what happened?

I felt him start to loosen up, and we started to get along, he took me to that piano concert, well not literally but, he attended it and that was what mattered...

He approved of me as a sister in front of my father's employees in our company.

We went jogging together one morning!

He even took me into his room for a movie for crying out loud!

What could've possibly transpired?!

He said I was still the reason, and then he drew his words back and said it was his fault, not mine...

That takes me into considering a bunch of other stuff. Like the why was it his fault, and that wasn't something I could easily figure out myself.

A couple of days later...

Luke left, Travis left, and even Alex left, who turned out to be a really great guy! He gave us a good bunch of laughs and his company was purely gleeful.

But now the house was dull, vacant, and suffocating.

Waking up early to the hot summer days was pure torment...

I leave the house at 10 in the morning and head to where Luke took me for a jog before.

I've been doing this every morning for the past couple of days.

On recalling Travis leaving us, how he apologized to me and pulled me into a really long comforting hug. I felt lonely afterwards.

Yes, he isn't the last man for me on planet earth, and yes it's good I didn't fall in love with him already. But those don't eliminate the fact that it is distressing.

You like a guy, you think he likes you, and maybe he does, and then you get bummed. Not because he has a girlfriend or there is someone else, but because of things greater than you. Things he thought you wouldn't understand.

I don't blame him, but I really wanted to know why things didn't work out.

I reach the walking route and start walking at a moderate pace.

My thoughts switch to Luke, who only came home really late every night, and left really early every morning, just before dawn.

I was thankful for his absence however...

As much as the thought of him drinking to an excess and trashing himself on daily basis disturbed me, I could care less, because that is what he asked for and that is because I couldn't do anything about it.

Well, besides counting the bottles that he had every other night. The wine cellar was getting emptier and emptier. The bottles were significantly disappearing.