Thirty Four

From a cliffhanger, to the spoon.

That was our current sleeping position...

God, he felt, sounded, and smelled so good...

I tried not to move and remain dormant. I didn't want to ruin this...

My heart drummed so hard against my chest. I was terrified of him feeling it and waking up, or pulling away.

How couldn't I feel him pull me closer to him?

My back was pressed to his front, my figure was curled into him, he was my spoon, and I filled him immaculately.

One arm was draped over me, it was heavy, tough, and I craved brushing it with my fingers.

He was so calm; his chest rose and descended at a slow pace. I on the other hand, I was wide awake, and my body was beginning to warm up.

I felt his breath at the back of my neck, constantly fanning me.

I wished I could face him right now...

My body lightly jolts at the sudden three door knocks.

Much to my distress, Luke shifts.

I wait for him to gauge our position.

I feel him lightly lift his arm from around me and my damp waist already craved it be put back down...

Moments later, he was gone, and his place remained vacant.

I wait for him to disappear behind the compartment to get the door.

I then rise.

I wipe my dampened forehead and brush my fingers through my wreck of a hair mop.

"You're up." I flinch.

"It's ten; Erik and I are going to leave for work. Ben says you should come too." He says before heading to the bathroom.

I forgot all about my training...

I nod at him and start walking towards the door.

He stops me midway.

"What are you thinking?" He asks with a heart arresting morning frown.

I was thinking of how atrocious this question was at such a moment.

What was I supposed to say?

That I was a living, walking, talking mess?

Or maybe that I've never slept so deeply before, that I could've slept through an apocalypse and not bothered to even flinch?

How was I going to find peace sleeping in my bed again, when he made me feel like that?

"A lot of things..." I rush.

"I've got to go." I say and walk past him.

~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoy one really long amplifying shower after texting Luke and telling him not to wait up. Instead, ask Micah to take me to the company later.

When I leave the bathroom, I dress up in light jeans, one of Stacey's designer shoes and my black blazer with a basic shirt underneath.

The house was so silent, I bet Stacey, Scott, and even Andrea were still asleep.

Lucky them!

I meet Micah out front and he greets me wholeheartedly.

"Here." I pass him a muffin.