Twenty Four [Part One]

We remain silent for the rest of the ride apart from Luke's phone calls from work. His mood is off and I'm still dizzied by the piano tunes that kept replaying inside of my head. This evening was so pleasant and I wanted it to stay that way.

I find my phone and decide to call Stacey. After several beeps, the line ends with no answer from her.

I try calling one more time, but there still was no answer.

"Who are you calling?" Luke asks.

"Stacey." I answer.

"She's with Erik. He took her to the cabin house for the weekend." He says and I smile inwardly.

Cabin house? How sweet!

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"He came and asked me for the keys..." He states.

"Ahaa... Sweet!" I smile.

"And Scott?" I add.

"No idea..." He says and parks his car.

We step out of the car and walk together to the front door.

The moment we shut the door behind us w hear something shatter from upstairs, farther upstairs, the voice came from the roof top.

We exchange a worried look and he starts at the stairs. I remove my heels and follow him.

He steps forward until we were on the rooftop.

"Oh for crap's sake..." He rolls his eyes and I place my hand on my mouth stifling a laugh.

The moment we stepped inside, the cheesiest scene came into view.

Scott was in his swimming shorts on a chaise lounge and Andrea was in a cute little polka dots bikini , on top of him.

And the thing that crashed earlier was just a wine bottle.

They both instantly parted and adjusted their features.

"Hello Luke." Scott smiles awkwardly.

Andrea and I exchange awkward silent hellos and Luke just stood there watching them like a hawk.

"Hi." Andrea politely waves a hand at him.

He passes her a look then turns to Scott again.

"You drank the whole bottle?" He points a finger at the wine bottle that shattered to pieces.

"No. We've only had two glasses." Scott defends himself.

"She's a minor Scott..." Luke states.

"Yep, we're very well aware of that." Scott nods and passes me a look that I don't fathom.

"I don't-" Luke starts to raise his tone but Scott interrupts.

"Want us gone? We'll leave. Just don't lecture me right now." Scott says.

Luke throws a glare at him then turns to leave.

"Don't go. It's alright." I say and smile reassuringly at them.

I turn to follow Luke but I was too late because when I reached the end of the stairs, I heard his room's door slam.

I sigh.

I walk into my room and change into denim shorts and a black T-shirt.

I free my hair from its restraints and let it hang down my shoulder feeling a light headache from tying up my hair for some time now.

I hear Scott and Andrea's snickers as they tiptoe their way into Scott's room.

They remind me of the crazy couple from the movie The Notebook.