Fifty nine

"I can't believe this..." I shut my eyes and reopen them, wanting to make sure that this was real...

That this was my ride!

"Luke, look at it..." I place my palm over my mouth in utter bewilderment.

He chuckles.

The delivery man descends from my car and heads towards us with the keys and a massive bouquet of yellow roses in hand.

"Oh umm-Thank you..." I flush when he hands me the bouquet of flowers.

"Your car is ready at your service, Congratulations..." The sweet Asian man beams at me and I giggle when he places the keys in my hand and turn to Luke.

Who was watching me with adoring eyes...

I almost forget all about the car and that man's presence.

That look was worth way too much...

"Thank you so much... Truly." I turn to beam back at the man who nods once before politely excusing himself.

"Let me walk you out..." Luke ushers the man and they both walk away from me.

I lift the bouquet to my nose and take an inquisitive whiff.

It smelled divine...

My eyes caught a card that was shoved between two roses.

I eagerly pick it up and read its contents.

*To the sweet, sweet Emma: May you find peace and safety in every ride..."

My breath hitches upon reading this...

I feel Luke's hand settle on my shoulder which causes me to turn.

"Luke, he is so sweet!" I proclaim.

Luke smiles faintly before reading the little card, smiling wider.

"Congratulations love..." He pulls me close and kisses the top of my head affectionately.

"Thank you love..." I copy him and he flashes a grin upon hearing this.

"Are we going for a ride or what?" I lift my keys excitedly.

"Yes we are..." He lurches closely and grabs my cheek between his teeth.

I push his head away from my face but he doesn't let go.

"Ow!" I whimper.

"Don't do that!" He finally lets go of my face and I caress my abused cheek unhappily.

"I could eat you alive..." He grabs my wrist bringing it closer to his mouth.

I instinctively flinch and he chuckles before placing a light peck on the back of my hand.

"Let's go. We don't have much time..." He says and I frown ephemerally but then hop eagerly towards the driver's seat.

~~~~~~~~~~

The ride was wholesome ecstasy, but somehow hectic...

Taken I was beyond paranoid about driving into something or scraping my baby.

We cruised listening to one of Luke's legendary playlists.

Also, Luke kept ordering me around about the speed and the turns.

It was sort of amusing seeing him tense sometimes...

The overall experience was beyond miraculous...

"Emma, stop there..." He commands and I roll my eyes.

"I got it under control!" I defend and he almost scoffs.