Twenty Nine [II]

I wear my favorite dark jeans, which had a high waist and reached just above the ankles. They were comfy and flexible. I pace around for just the right shirt but after some time I give up on my closet and reach for Stacey's wardrobe.

She only had a few shirts and dresses hanged in my closet. I skim through them and my fingers graze a really soft cotton white blouse that had floret beads on its front and the top of its sleeves were a little puffed, emphasizing the shoulders.

When I try it on I immediately fall in love. The outfit fell right into the category simple, soft, and above all, comfy.

I brush my fingers through my hair and then hastily tie up my converse laces.

I exit my room the same time Luke exits his.

He changed into a white linen shirt and those dark blue jeans of his...

His out earthly perfume gushes through my nostrils when he approaches me.

We definitely pair up!

White tops and dark jeans all the way!

He looks like he's having trouble saying something but then he takes whatever it was back and starts at the stairs.

I follow.

We reach the car and I step into the passenger seat the same time he enters the driver's seat.

The engine roars to life and I turn to ask;

"Where are we going?"

"A tree house..." He speaks.

"You have a tree house?" I ask.

"I do." He replies.

"Cool..." I muster a smile.

"Don't ask any more questions." He says abruptly.

"Questions are bothersome..." He clarifies and I nod.

He connects his phone to the AUX and much to my delight, the song We Won't Sleep by Handsome Ghost plays.

'I'll meet you in the open sights, in the morning heat.

I can feel the turning tide, its changing me.

Staring at the second sky, it's in my reach.

I can see your sinking eyes, and we won't sleep...'

I shut my eyes and lay back as the chorus begins.

"Handsome Ghost is a legend." I remark when the song comes to an end.

"We're here." He says and his car pulls in under a large tree shadowing and depriving us of the moonlight above. We sit in total darkness.

He steps out and I do it, he soon joins my side and then leads the way.

We walk for quite a bit until the house becomes exposed...

It looked like half a coconut facing downwards. Like a cocoon, a piece of Mother Nature.

He pulls the front door open and we step inside.

He fiddles with a few buttons the house soon lights up with a dim yellow light forming a tranquil aura.

There were several sofas positioned around, oak stand lamps and a flat screen that was a part of the wall, dug into it. My eyes wander upwards viewing two opposite stair cases that led upstairs and met at one room that was shut by a double door made of pure wood.

"Up we go." He ushers me.

We take the stairs and my hand grazes the tangled tree branches that formed the side rail of the stairs.