Nineteen

"The wheels on the bus go round and round-" I start to sing between chortles. Elliot's drink comes out of his nose when he spurts in laughter.

We fall back on the ground laughing at the top of our lungs in unison.

We've been lying on the grass of the O'Neil's backyard singing the wheels on the bus, I initiate it, and Elliot laughs every time then sings along with me.

"And the honk of the bus goes beep-bhweeb- bhweeb-" I tweak his nose as he sings and we both crack up at how the "beep" came out quashed.

One thing for sure, we were trashed! We needed sanity shots.

"Ahhhh... Enough!" He sighs and we let out the remnants of our fits of laughter.

"I can't feel my stomach!" He says rubbing his gut.

"Me neither!" I snuffle.

He turns his head to his left and I turn mine to the right.

We stare at each other's eyes and I realize...

This man who lay by my side was so freaking good-looking!

The murky brown eyes and the dense chocolate mop of hair that caressed the grass underneath him... The sight was... Inconceivable.

"No..." I whisper when our noses touch.

"I'm sorry..." He pulls back. And a pang of guilt oozes under my skin.

Did I want to kiss him? Why did I stop it?

"I've had way too many drinks, I'm feel mentally impaired. " He explains.

"Me too..." I mutter and my hollow head takes me away.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up! Move!" Someone screams in my face.

"What the-" I blink at the flashlight that was pointed right into my eyes blinding me.

"Move that away!" I yell above the sirens.

I start to pull myself up but I was soon pulled and anchored by someone's palm holding my elbow.

"She's with me." I twitch to find Erik by my side.

"Yeah? No one cares." The grumpy officer ushers us both back into the house.

"I don't understand. Please don't cause a mess, we aren't doing anything illegal. No one here is a minor, there are no drugs or anything of that sort, also, the music was kept down. What did we do wrong?" Beautiful, beautiful, oh so beautiful Andrea speaks.

Andrea was the cutest girl I've ever been introduced to. I see what Scott was so swooned about. She was just marvelous; a short minuscule girl with a flawless face and ash brown hair that matched Scott's. They acquired the same gleeful carefree demeanor. Two bundle of joys brought together.

"Officer, please..." Erik intervenes stopping the grumpy officer from ordering the other officers around the house.

"You haven't found anything. Why are you prolonging this?" He adds.

"U-ap!" I hiccup piercingly earning everyone's attention and the chortles of some.

"Miss, are you high?" The grumpy officer approaches me and starts looking for something inside my eyes. I dodge him and use Erik as armor.

"What did she have?" He regards Erik who turns to look worriedly at me.

"What did you have?" Erik asks me. I wonder why everyone's so silent. And so sober! What party was I at? Where are the wild manners and the trashed peeps?