Twenty

"Erik?!" I call again but he storms right past me.

"What the hell?" I mutter.

"Emma, I'm sorry I just... I need some time alone." He says and I nod at him as I watch him leave.

Something was not right. I've never seen Erik so fuming, so seriously infuriated.

"What's with him?" Luke jerks his chin towards the door. Where did you come from?

"I have no idea..." I say.

"Where's the little one?" He asks. I frown at Scott's probable description.

"Scott?" I smile.

"Scott's the little one?" I ask. He turns to look at me blankly.

"Do you know where he is kitten?"  He replies flatly but my teeth almost tore my lower lip from trying to narrow down a smile.

"And I'm a kitten?" I say and chuckle.
What mood was he in today?

He passes me and heads for the door.
What's with people running past me today?!

"Wait! I-"

"He said he's going to see his grandmother." I tell him.

"Okay..." He says then leaves.

God! Luke I know you're trying! But damn you've got zero patience!

Scott still had connections with his only living grandmother, and ever since Luke banned Scott from seeing Andrea, he has been going there quite often, since it was the safest place for them to meet. But, Luke doesn't get to know that piece of information of course. He stayed there almost the whole time.

And I was here...

For the past two weeks I've been busy studying for my finals, but now that the exams were over with. I'm back to being so alone.

Yes, Erik and Stacey did sneak me away from my books several times when I was being a complete nerd these last few days but that was only because Stacey was being the best friend, and Erik, the brother, whom both didn't want me to stay home alone. Not to mention, there drastic attempt to fix me up with some guy from Erik's friends. He was hot, fun, and all kind and gentle, but then he took me up to his room and things started drifting wayward and I pretty much made sure it was done there...

Missing Travis was undeniable...

And summer was around the corner and I really needed to get some shopping done.

Unfortunately, Stacey was busy doing something, somewhere with her grannie. So I went alone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later...

"Oh my god!..." I drop my bags before rushing to the driver's seat.

Just when I thought that Luke was just about to normally park his car in our garage, his speed didn't seem to slow down and a moment later, the thought that has just crossed my mind, occured before my eyes and his car went right into the wall of our garage and I saw the airbag inflate.

"Luke?!" I pull his door open. He was struggling with the airbag that expanded in front of his face. I help him until we push it away and then his face came into view. His nose was bleeding profusely and his eyes were red and weepy.

"What happened?!"

"Why didn't you hit the breaks?!" I yell at him. He cups his nose and throws his head back, his chest rising and lowering in a slow pace.